Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BC Spring upgrade

Has anyone on here ordered the BC coilovers with the swift springs yet?
Debating the merits of the upgrade myself.

OP
W
Thread Starter #2
Well I went ahead and ordered the swift springs. Can't hurt, and it's only money right.

KKaWing

Supposedly they have better travel due to needing less coils for the same spring rate. Also, the spring is much more consistent throughout the range of travel. If you spec. a 5K spring, it'll be 5K throughout. Other springs tend to vary in spring rates as you compress them.

OP
W
Thread Starter #4
Thanks, yea I read all the marketing and spec material. I was hoping I could find some people that had some real experiences with them and if they are an actual measurable improvement in real world scenarios vs standard springs. Maybe I will get a chance to ride in somebody else's with standard BC's in a fiesta for comparison, not a lot of FIST's in the KC area though.

Where did you find Swift springs for the FiST? I only see the Spec R for the Focus ST. I had Swift Sport springs on my IS300 and loved them.

KKaWing

Where did you find Swift springs for the FiST? I only see the Spec R for the Focus ST. I had Swift Sport springs on my IS300 and loved them.
I think you've mistaken Swift metric coilover springs and Swift lowering springs. Coilover springs are pretty much swappable as they are standardized sizes. Pick a length, I.D. and rate.

KKaWing

It's alright, I was just curious because they used barreled standard springs. Well... maybe a quick snap when it's installed if it's not too much trouble ^_^

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The Swift's may not of been an option when I ordered my BC race version but I am going to call them tomorrow and talk about it:)

My car works very well on the BC springs but I have had high end springs on many coilovers so have to look into this, glad you posted it!

OP
W
Thread Starter #14
The Swift's may not of been an option when I ordered my BC race version but I am going to call them tomorrow and talk about it:)

My car works very well on the BC springs but I have had high end springs on many coilovers so have to look into this, glad you posted it!
I am not sure when the swift's became an option for the fiesta, might be for awhile, but I had to call 2j and they added the option on the site so I could order them that way. If you do decide to switch it would be nice so somebody could do a before and after on just the spring option to see if it helps the fiesta's in particular.

Any update after the install?
How did the Swift Springs feel?
Any creaking or noise from the rear (with the non-barreled springs?)

sorry guy for coming off the subject, am new to this websit how do you post something on the forums?

OP
W
Thread Starter #19
Any update after the install?
How did the Swift Springs feel?
Any creaking or noise from the rear (with the non-barreled springs?)
Handles very well, unfortunately I don't have a baseline with the normal springs to compare them to. The only noise I get is sometimes over the right bump at speed that rear corner will get a little clunk, I am thinking it might be the perch edge popping up and slamming back down, I plan on trying to mount my gopro under there to record the movement over this one bump I always hit in the middle of an off camber turn. I am running 6 clicks from soft, and the small bumps and overall ride are better than stock but the big bumps are a little worse which should not be surprising for linear springs.

OP
W
Thread Starter #20
Just thought I would update, since I switched to 222/45/16 D2 SS tires it has changed slightly. The rare clunck is now gone and instead of running 6 clicks from full soft I run 20 clicks from soft (10 from hard) and 15 in the rear and it handles and rides even better. I think I would be hard pressed to find a better setup then what I have now (I also have front/rear upgraded sway bars and 2pt upper and 6pt lower pierce braces).