Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best Dealer in Boston Area for Warranty Work (Transmission)

Hey Guys,

A few weeks ago I bought a brand new 2019 Fiesta ST and it now has about 450 miles on it as I take it through a nice engine and clutch break in.

Unfortunately though, I’ve been noticing some symptoms and think there may be something wrong with my transmission. I would typically take it to the dealer near my house but I’m currently up at school, finishing my last semester and therefore was wondering if anybody knew any good dealers up in the Boston area.

I’m always weary of dealers, especially in big cities because they don’t get ST’s in too much and I’m always afraid that they’ll beat on them and not be used to working on manual transmissions.

The symptoms I’ve noticed by the way are (this is not my first manual btw):
-The car constantly makes multiple consecutive clunks when shifting 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd and it is now sometimes doing it also into 4th
-The transmission has begun to whine on the highway
-The car is very difficult to put into 1st and reverse and requires a great deal of force, much more than other STs I test drove. Often the gear selector will only go halfway in and will not go the rest of the way not matter how much force is applied
-This also isn’t relieved by putting it from neutral to 2nd to 1st
-When putting the car directly from neutral to second, there is a deep thunk that can even be felt
-The steering wheel vibrates when driving slow and turning somewhat sharply
-The steering wheel will have a random pulse of vibration that goes away

Thanks for the help!