Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Best tires that come in the stock size?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Our wheels and tires are nothing compared to the guys running 205 on 10 inch wide wheels [emoji15]

2017 w/Recaros - bone stock
Yeah, I try to explain this to the CYA people at Tire Rack/DTD/Summit/etc. when they say that they cannot put a 205/50 on an 8" wide wheel, because it is a mere half inch too wide according to the manufacturers. [mad]

Last edited:

DoomsdayMelody

No mention of the Federal Evoluzion ST-1? For sale at Walmart for $71.71 per tire in the stock size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DoomsdayMelody

I have them in 215/45r16. Got them for under $300. They’re good daily tires, but not world beaters.
Haven’t experienced them, yet, but I plan to. Even if I get 8/10ths of the performance of the Firehawk it’d be a phenomenal value.

Brianmc27

Haven’t experienced them, yet, but I plan to. Even if I get 8/10ths of the performance of the Firehawk it’d be a phenomenal value.

I did a canyon run with a FoST running Firehawks a few weeks ago and he was having grip issues and I was not - granted it was around 45-50 degrees. I’m willing to bet they perform similarly to the Indy 500s

Aaaand I ended up ordering the Kumho Ecsta PS31 from Walmart instead, $3 more per tire compared to the Federals.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Idk why people like Indy 500s so much. They are 340tw. Wouldn’t even consider that a track/ autocross tire
True, but some even consider the 280 tread wear Nitto Neo Gen, an all season tire with an M&S rating, a 'track tire' (I'm guessing because of the tread pattern?). [histerical][???:)]

I'd like to run the RE71s but I have wheels that are the same size as stock and I don't really want to spend more money or have the space for another set of wheels (this would be my 4th set). I was looking at the R888Rs, and NT-01s. Open to other suggestions. I'd like to keep wet performance in mind as I do daily drive the car, but it's a short commute. Hopefully by the time I buy the tires I'll have a new daily driver anyways

thanks,
Nt01 is softer at colder tire temps than the r888r. For all around street, autox and commute that's what I would run in OEM size if you're looking at r-comp levels of performance.

Dont forget these have more grip in the wet than standard tires until the amount of water on the road exceeds the evacuation capability. So yes, they are fin in the wet but less so when there is standing water.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Idk why people like Indy 500s so much. They are 340tw. Wouldn’t even consider that a track/ autocross tire
Because marketing won and i guess people think the name indy500 means it's an actual performance tire and not a rebadged old school mid level tire.

Otherwise it is nowhere near as good a performance tire than the oem re050, which is also and old school tire ;)

Because marketing won and i guess people think the name indy500 means it's an actual performance tire and not a rebadged old school mid level tire.

Otherwise it is nowhere near as good a performance tire than the oem re050, which is also and old school tire ;)

Did one session on the OEM tires and didn’t like them at all. They couldn’t even handle real heat!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
280 tread wear maybe if you like going slow. Lol
It's a really good street tire (I have them on my Dekagrams), and probably the stickiest all season tire out there in no snow or ice cooler temps (or even warm temps), but I would never even think about using them in an autocross, let alone on the track. [nono]

Did one session on the OEM tires and didn’t like them at all. They couldn’t even handle real heat!
Well they don't have "sessions" on the street... they are not a competition tire, they are a performance street tire, of course they will not perform as well as the correct type of tire for track or autocross. ;)

Well they don't have "sessions" on the street... they are not a competition tire, they are a performance street tire, of course they will not perform as well as the correct type of tire for track or autocross. ;)

That’s why I only used them for a couple laps to get a baseline. Swapped the BFG Rivals as soon as I could.