Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Block all air from going around the IC as possible, this is far to often overlooked, this car really needs it.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #21
I and 62 and cannot quite stand under most of this car as my ceiling is a bit to low for that, it was OK with the Vette, Miata and even Scion TC but not the ST.....which makes some of this far more difficult.

I was going to redo the trusses in the shop where the lift is to gain more headroom but never got to it as a pretty big project due to the design. If yours is not built like mine perhaps you could do that.

I wish it was bigger, my next one will be, it is 1,000 st ft so a bit over sized 3 car garage, well insulated and lighted, two 50 amp outlets, etc.....

I have no degree, just been tinkering all my life and read great books all the time on everything including studying quantum physics though I had a 1.8 GPA and only took general math.....I was a party guy and goof off in school, dropped out for a year.......I have always regretted not getting an engineering degree.

You have a better rate of getting things done than me it seems, when I used to do side jobs, remodeling, fences, wiring, etc.....I found I needed to work out the time, double it and add 50% more to get it right:)

I worked at home for 11 or so years then retired from my business, having all this stuff right here works better for me as I can go out and work until the wee hours, or early hours, etc....take a break, take care of my fellow enthusiast customers when needed, etc...no set schedule but I needed that after 20 years in the USN(electronics)

Cool you are doing a 3.7, I like things others do not do as often, fast 6's are fun!

Thanks for the interest in the ST, I am really having fun on this car, I have found over the years I like FWD the best as just more entertaining, more of a challenge, more fun to beat most everyone in the wrong wheel drive and have done a ton of that against the what are considered the best drive but also best car for the class, underdog racing is my game, 1st place not that important to me as had tons of those in my many years in 510 Datsuns.

I think this little car is going to be the best car I have ever built in terms of shear fun and shock value:)

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Great point about sealing off the IC to the bumper. I used aluminum and built a shroud to seal the radiator to the bumper on my Mustang. It worked so well that on the street, I need to cover 1/3 of the radiator with cardboard or else the car won't get about 140'F water temp.

Thumbs up on the intake scoop! I have been toying around with ideas since I had the Fiesta Movement ST last summer. I was thinking under the bumper near the air dam, but don't like the idea of being so low. Your solution is perfect.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #23
I will need even more cooling now as well, turbo just got a much bigger compressor wheel and porting and on the way here:)

I have aluminum but wanted black and the ABS sheet is really easy to work with and less prone to damage things if the car takes a hit up front.

I too have had to cover part of a radiator to get things to warm up on other projects I have done.

OP
R

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Thread Starter #25
I have not finished it yet, been working on other areas of the car but I will get to it soon and post the pics.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Feeling around the intercooler and bumper, it doesn't look like there is too much gap between the bumper and intercooler. When I sealed the radiator on my Mustang, I needed a lot of aluminum to bridge the area between the radiator and bumper cover. The ST doesn't look to be too bad. The easiest fix will be to the top of the intercooler, at the crash beam and the bumper cover. The sides might get a little tricky with the intercooler end caps. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for a solution.