Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bolt-on Upgrades - Can brands and parts be mixed and matched?

Do certain upgrades limit the amount of upgrade choices later on? In other words, can I mix and match brands and parts? For example, If I install a COBB Ford Fiesta ST Cat-Back Exhaust System, does that limit my choices for an intercooler, or can I mix and match brands without worrying?

You can mix and match pretty much at your leisure. The only snag you may run into is some downpipes only work with the same companies catback (I say companies but I think cpe is the only one). Just do your research and get what you want as long as it suits your needs.

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
You can mix and match pretty much at your leisure. The only snag you may run into is some downpipes only work with the same companies catback (I say companies but I think cpe is the only one). Just do your research and get what you want as long as it suits your needs.
Uhmm wrong... friend of mine has been running the catless DP with the mbrp exhaust for over a year now.

I'm running a cpe exhaust with the depo dp:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uhmm wrong... friend of mine has been running the catless DP with the mbrp exhaust for over a year now.

I'm running a cpe exhaust with the depo dp:)

My mistake. I thought I read their system was a true 3"

WeTheNorth

1000 Post Club
Nope, you're right. It is a TRUE 3' and so is their downpipe but they come with an adapter. My downpipe bottle knecks to 2.5 and so does the MBRP cbe.

You can mismatch many parts and be totally fine. Unless you have a one off turbo kit, like Franks. Where you need custom work done.

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/6672-Frankie-s-Fiesta/page13