Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba bov adapter problem??

Hey guys maybe you can help me out... I have a stock 2014 FiST and got my adapter yesterday and installed it. Well as soon as I took the car out for a test I noticed this: A loud wooshing noise under acceleration/load, like the boost is leaking out anytime the pedal is pressed(all gears/rpms). The more boost/acceleration the louder it is.The noise is not present under lift. I took the adapter off and returned to stock and that test drive seemed normal... then pulled back into the garage and reinstalled the Boomba bov adapter and the same loud wooshing exists. I mean its just 3 screws and it was seated properly and the electrical connector double checked both times...I'm like ???

I did drop the stock bypass valve when I initially took it off (maybe 1 foot) and the piston came out. It did not seem damaged at all and easily popped back in. This is the only thing I can point to, but when I returned it back stock config- car seemed normal?? Has anyone heard of a similar problem?

LT Berzerker

Can't say I've had that problem, id see if you can source or borrow another valve and test, that way you know for sure if yours is wobbly wonky which you may not know when you don't have the boomba adapter on...

OP
B
Thread Starter #4
Yep, the adapter has the 2 tiny o-rings. I'm kinda bummed, was really expecting fun first mod experience. Can anyone point me to how much/where I can find a bypass valve. Maybe someone here with a turbo upgrade has one lying around?? What is the exact name of this piece?

edited.

valves do not usually leak. their design is different than any other valve though since it modifies the stock valve. I would recheck the install and make sure you did not forget anything or put it in backwards. how loud is the leak and do you get the BOV sound still?

LT Berzerker

Think it's a boomba adaptor based on his post, mega: valves don't usually leak, though, he dropped his which could have caused a fault (unlikely) but if the o rings look good & it was installed correctly process of elimination goes to valve issue... Problem is finding someone who is nearby willing to pull theirs off to test so purchase of another for diagnosis isn't necessary.

OP
B
Thread Starter #7
valves do not usually leak. I would re-check your installation. what valve are you using? was it new?
Yep brand new. I installed- took it off/returned to stock- then tried again and reinstalled it. Double checked to make sure it was seated flush, screws are tight, connector plugged in.

OP
B
Thread Starter #8
I have had no luck in sourcing this part online [thumbdown]. Anyone know the exact name for this bypass/diverter/solenoid? Just trying to see how much this piece costs and where I can get one.

LT Berzerker

Check with tasca, they usually source OEM parts cheap IE OE springs for 60.00

looking at the install video it looks like the most probable point of failure would be a seal on the factory bit or the inside of the adapter where the factory one installs. if its working fine with the stock piece back on maybe just chalk it up to a poor part choice and reinvest in an intake so you can hear the factory bypass sound instead?

OP
B
Thread Starter #11
edited.

valves do not usually leak. their design is different than any other valve though since it modifies the stock valve. I would recheck the install and make sure you did not forget anything or put it in backwards. how loud is the leak and do you get the BOV sound still?
Well it leaks boost under all but the lightest acceleration very LOUD constant woosh- gets louder as rpms build, and not really making a loud/quick bov sound between shifts I guess since it is already making that noise in a constant manor?? I still make boost but it does seem a bit down on power, not quite as quick. The piston that comes out of the valve is a one way deal- it does not seem possible to put it back in wrong.

seems obvious that your valve is stuck open with the adapter installed. Or the adapter is interfering with the function of the stock valve. take it off and contact boomba

LT Berzerker

So what are getting at is you better lube that piston of yours [emoji14]

OP
B
Thread Starter #14
I did notice that Boomba also makes adapters for mustangs as well and they look very similar from what I can tell... Maybe an off chance I recieved the wrong one?? idk I will be doing as you suggest Mega and contact Boomba. I wonder if some kinda spring came out/missing from the valve- I did not see any "extra" parts when I put the piston back in the valve. FWIW- the piston seems to open and close or "shake back and forth" with no effort. Does anyone remember if that seems normal when you guys took yours off the car?

Butterybunz

I have the Boomba BOV Spacer
There should be no wooshing noise when accelerating, only the purging (PSHHH) noise when letting off the throttle after boost.
It sounds like your valve is stuck open or there is a leak somewhere.
Hope you figure it out.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
looking at the install video it looks like the most probable point of failure would be a seal on the factory bit or the inside of the adapter where the factory one installs. if its working fine with the stock piece back on maybe just chalk it up to a poor part choice and reinvest in an intake so you can hear the factory bypass sound instead?
lol that is exactly what i would've said

and yet this isnt me
lol

To OP

not sure what your issue is but have you tried TASCA FORD for sourcing the BPV?

LT Berzerker

Another way to figure if the valve is bad... Take the air filter out and Rev the motor, if it still gives constant increasing hissing noise then you know it's the valve (that is without the bov adaptor installed.) Before you do this make sure nothing is around the intake that could get pulled/sucked in! Least that way you can tell if the valve is stuck open and purging directly into the intake.

Attempt at own risk.