Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Catch Cans

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

lessard.dcj

1000 Post Club
Not sure if im seeing this right but is your tubing from the front of engine going into the outlet of cc and your other tubing from the intake going into inlet of cc?
Intake on car is from output on can. The hoses twist up a bit when they cut across the engine

Izzy

It's a huge PITA to get those hoses in. If you have a heat gun you are golden if not do what I did. Very carefully heat it up with a lighter. Rotating continously to give even heat coverage no more than a few seconds at a time. Also, I used 10 & 12mm sockets to open the hose up before actually putting in the fittings.

caliboy15

It's a huge PITA to get those hoses in. If you have a heat gun you are golden if not do what I did. Very carefully heat it up with a lighter. Rotating continously to give even heat coverage no more than a few seconds at a time. Also, I used 10 & 12mm sockets to open the hose up before actually putting in the fittings.
great! Ill try it now

caliboy15

that method works really great! didn't use any socket. took me less than 2 minutes

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #266
This is a great method for anyone that doesn't have access to a heat gun!

that method works really great! didn't use any socket. took me less than 2 minutes

Looking good!

The lighter is a good idea. I don't smoke so I didn't have one on hand but they are cheap enough. Just be careful not to melt the OE hose.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
After about 3k miles i started to see some oil splash through the eye glass and thought it was almost full but when I drained it just now for the first time this is all that came out.

No oil in my intake thank God.
This CC forced me to remove my AEM intake but it was well worth it. Id rather have clean intake valves. Thanks Boomba.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #274
After about 3k miles i started to see some oil splash through the eye glass and thought it was almost full but when I drained it just now for the first time this is all that came out.

No oil in my intake thank God.
This CC forced me to remove my AEM intake but it was well worth it. Id rather have clean intake valves. Thanks Boomba.
Good to see the can doing its job! No more blow-by!

HaveBlue83

Glad to see the amount is so low. The focus put out 10x that amount. I am at 30k miles and its still pretty snappy. I will eventually get one tho.

This is actually the reason I have not purchased one of these yet since ill be seeing -30 to -40 Celsius but i do park my car underground at night.

This is actually the reason I have not purchased one of these yet since ill be seeing -30 to -40 Celsius but i do park my car underground at night.
I'm confused. Why would you think that this would be any worse with a catch can vs. the line that runs there at stock?

Stock the contaminants get burned back off in the intake. With a catch can you are storing them which is why they could freeze up. I think as long as you keep up on draining it you shouldn't have any problems.

I ran a catch can on a gti I had a few years ago and I forgot to empty it over the winter. It froze up, clogged my crankcase breather, built up a ton of pressure and shot a bunch of oil out of the dipstick tube lol. It didn't cause any damage but scared the hell out of me!