Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Catch Cans

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

When are you guys going to get more of these in red back in stock? Was going to do some shopping today, but no luck.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is there ANY way to get these without the laser etched/engraved logo on TOP (the one on the mount is OK), for stealership stealth reasons ONLY??

A can of flat black paint would do the trick. Logos or not, a shiny object like this is going to stick out like a sore thumb in our engine bay. If you're concerned about dealership issues, I'd get one that uses the OEM connections, because you can just remove and reinstall in a few minutes. I went with the Boomba because I wanted the extra volume, but also have a mod-friendly dealership.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^OK, thank you! [thumb]

I don't get why either the dealerships, OR Ford themselves would look down upon this mod, since it can only help to avoid major future internal engine problems, and end up saving them possible costly warranty work (as long as the connections were kept tight to avoid any vacuum leaks, etc., of course). [dunno]

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #313
Is there ANY way to get these without the laser etched/engraved logo on TOP (the one on the mount is OK), for stealership stealth reasons ONLY??
I can check with our designer to see if anything can be done, however everything we sell is going to have our logo on it due to issues we've had in the past with reproduction and counterfeit parts.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #314
When are you guys going to get more of these in red back in stock? Was going to do some shopping today, but no luck.
The red cans are still about a month or so away from being in stock.

^^^OK, thank you! [thumb]

I don't get why either the dealerships, OR Ford themselves would look down upon this mod, since it can only help to avoid major future internal engine problems, and end up saving them possible costly warranty work (as long as the connections were kept tight to avoid any vacuum leaks, etc., of course). [dunno]
We've heard dealership experiences can vary so much with these cars.

When it comes to warranty; in short, innocent until proven guilty.

Certain dealers can be more picky than others when it comes to aftermarket parts. Some dealers are fine with mods whereas other dealers will not accept any mods. We always tell the customer to ask the service advisor first for what?s acceptable at any given dealership and if you have any doubts to return the car to stock form before bringing it in to a dealer.

Furthermore there is a law called the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act that states in order for a dealer to deny warranty work on your car, they have to prove the aftermarket part you have installed caused your issue. For example if your window stops working and you have a cold air intake, the dealer is not going to void your warranty. It is illegal for a dealer to void your warranty for simply having aftermarket parts installed.

My tuner thinks my IAC is bad and that is why I'm throwing a code related to high idle. Can anything like an intake or catch can cause this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #316
My tuner thinks my IAC is bad and that is why I'm throwing a code related to high idle. Can anything like an intake or catch can cause this?

A vacuum leak could cause this if something isn't installed properly.

Everything has been checked and re-checked. Thought about having it replaced under warranty because the part alone is over $160 thru the dealer.

I'm pretty experienced in the mechanical field so I think install error is highly unlikely.