Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Fiesta ST BOV adapter

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #182
Still loving my Black BOV adapter :D I never get tired of that turbo sound! Also surprising random people and those looks haha
We've said it before and we'll say it again; we are not responsible for any scared pedestrians or animals from the use of this BOV adapter! lol

You guys sure are sneaky, got me to buy my adapter so I could enter to win the symposer delete, then a sale on it right after I buy it [facepalm]. Oh well just came yesterday cant wait to install it tomorrow morning!

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #185
You guys sure are sneaky, got me to buy my adapter so I could enter to win the symposer delete, then a sale on it right after I buy it [facepalm]. Oh well just came yesterday cant wait to install it tomorrow morning!
Lol gotta hate when timing works out like that :/

Thanks for the support!

Would it sound better if I closed two of the three air slots, or does it need to bleed that much air? Sound level is ok, but the duration of bleed-off sounds like air brakes lol.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Would it sound better if I closed two of the three air slots, or does it need to bleed that much air? Sound level is ok, but the duration of bleed-off sounds like air brakes lol.
You could close as much as you want.
Any extra air will just go back to the intake.

Dave

J2FoRS

Ok, cool. I just want to tweak the sound a bit. Otherwise, it's neat. Easy to install. Quality piece.
You should do that, then see how it works, then make a sound clip, then show us, so I can see if I wanna do it. Haha

J2FoRS

You could close as much as you want.
Any extra air will just go back to the intake.

Dave
So it would vent like half and half kinda deal? To intake and to atmosphere? Do other products do this or is it usually one or the other?

Lol sometimes people wanting for bus all turn their heads when they hear me thinking its coming and their like wtf it's funny but also sad at the same time[facepalm]but I still love having blow off makes my friends jelous

GAbOS

Lol sometimes people wanting for bus all turn their heads when they hear me thinking its coming and their like wtf it's funny but also sad at the same time[facepalm]but I still love having blow off makes my friends jelous
Driving and AWD Turbo Mitsu that recirculated versus venting turned every ones heads... to the point of annoyance. Pick your battles and stick to them!

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #193
Closing off any of the holes will not change the duration of the vent, though. It will alter the sound but the car will still vent for the same amount of time. This is because the solenoid is electronically controlled and the ECU decides how long or short to vent.

So it would vent like half and half kinda deal? To intake and to atmosphere? Do other products do this or is it usually one or the other?
It would basically be a 50/50 type deal where some of the air recircs to intake and the rest recircs to atmosphere. Other BOVs have done this in the past.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #195
The wait is finally over! We just got these back in stock in all colors and they are ready to ship immediately!

On my car, if you have a Boomba BPV adapter and you block the air holes, the bypass air doesn't go back to the filter like stock.

I had the welders at work fill in the three slots on my Boomba BPV adapter with pieces of aluminum key stock, but left a tiny gap at each slot. This caused big time turbo flutter between shifts. Sounds cool, but I'm sure the turbo is pissed. So then I drilled two 1/8" holes at each slot. It has less of a flutter between shifts, but I can hear the adapter more.

I'll try three more 1/8" holes, but If it doesn't get rid of the flutter while having a quieter blow-off sound, I'll just go back to stock.

UPDATE: I drilled three of the holes to 13/64" (had it in the drawer) and the flutter is gone. The BPV sound is about halfway between stock and a Boomba adapter. Perfect for now.

Bluedrank

Installed mine over Christmas break. Loving it.

Also, you guys should consider downsizing your included sticker a bit. The size is great if I was sticking it to the side of my car, but it's about 3x too big to stick to our cute rear triangle windows or the bottom of the back windshield. I would have stuck it somewhere if only it wasn't so gigantic!