Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba Racing Fiesta ST BOV adapter

Trader history for Boomba Racing (0)

Great quality part BTW. I've had mine installed for over a year without issues. Props to boomba.

Any tips on removing that one top screw that is kinda hidden? Trying to take mine off but just can't seem to get a good lock on that screw. Maybe I stripped it, idk. Any recommendations on a tool I can use or anything I can try? I'm using a basic hex wrench nothing fancy. I also don't have a lift so there's that.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #225
Great quality part BTW. I've had mine installed for over a year without issues. Props to boomba.

Any tips on removing that one top screw that is kinda hidden? Trying to take mine off but just can't seem to get a good lock on that screw. Maybe I stripped it, idk. Any recommendations on a tool I can use or anything I can try? I'm using a basic hex wrench nothing fancy. I also don't have a lift so there's that.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.
Your best bet would either be to use a ball-headed Allen socket/key or an extension with a wobble bit. The screw can seem tucked away without the proper tool. Also remove the passenger side wheel for more access.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I just ordered my bov adapter from you guys and I was wondering if these came with a sticker?
Yes it should. ...I bought mine and it did. Almost all good businesses will do it as it is free advertising....if they don't they are missing out big time.IMO.

Just ordered mine. I'm 36 going on 12, so I'll never outgrow the silly PSSSSSSH noise! Can't wait for the newest toy.

I've found the PISSHHHHHHHH great for getting animals out of the way. Bird in the road? Blip the throttle and PISHHHH them away, cats? No problem! Even squirrels!

Hi everyone. I just registered here on the Fiesta ST forums.

Bought a 2014 Fiesta ST last December with a Boomba BOV adapter. Car runs great with it and the sound is fun, but I may need some quiet back.

I don't have my original bolts (emailed Boomba, but they don't sell original length)....does anyone know the specs of the original bolts?

They have the same 5mm hex head?
Length?
Tread pitch?
Does material/corrosion resistance matter?

I guess I should be able to pick up appropriate bolts at a hardware srore?

Does anyone want to sell me their original bolts?

Contact me.

Thanks.

OP
Boomba Racing

Boomba Racing

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #234
Hi everyone. I just registered here on the Fiesta ST forums.

Bought a 2014 Fiesta ST last December with a Boomba BOV adapter. Car runs great with it and the sound is fun, but I may need some quiet back.

I don't have my original bolts (emailed Boomba, but they don't sell original length)....does anyone know the specs of the original bolts?

They have the same 5mm hex head?
Length?
Tread pitch?
Does material/corrosion resistance matter?

I guess I should be able to pick up appropriate bolts at a hardware srore?

Does anyone want to sell me their original bolts?

Contact me.

Thanks.
The bolt size of our hardware is M6X40mm with a 1mm thread pitch. The stock bolts are also an M6 with a 1mm thread pitch; any length should work as long as it is between 20mm and 24.5mm long. Make sure whatever you use is zinc plated so it does not corrode or rust. Any hardware store such as The Home Depot will carry these.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for the info!

I was at an Ace Hardware yesterday checking to see what they had......and my assumptions were pretty close.......I fugured about 3/4"-1" (20-25mm)....... M6 had the 5mm hex head.......they only had metrics in steel though, no stainless or zinc that I saw..... and I wasn't sure of the thread pitch.

Thanks again......heading out to Lowes or HD maybe later today.

The bolt size of our hardware is M6X40mm with a 1mm thread pitch. The stock bolts are also an M6 with a 1mm thread pitch; any length should work as long as it is between 20mm and 24.5mm long. Make sure whatever you use is zinc plated so it does not corrode or rust. Any hardware store such as The Home Depot will carry these.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Wait, it's an M6? I was just reading the install instructions off your website, since my BOV adapter arrives today, and your install instructions call for an M5 Allen wrench. No big deal, but you guys may want to fix the typo.

An M6 apparently uses a 5mm allen wrench.

You would think M5 = 5mm....but no.

I just found this out yesterday myself.....
Holy cats was that an awkward install! No fault to Boomba, it's just a tight fit in there. The adapter is a beautiful example of craftsmanship. I also learned my lesson about diving right into the install as soon as I got home. I may have forgot that the turbo stays a bit hot for awhile! Sounds great though!

One minor note for other morons like me that had a long, stressful day and aren't focused on the task at hand... After the install, if the first gentle rev unleashes R2D2 noises from the turbo, you forgot to plug the wire harness back in! Yes, I did that. Seems I caught a case of the stupids today.

Holy cats was that an awkward install! No fault to Boomba, it's just a tight fit in there. The adapter is a beautiful example of craftsmanship. I also learned my lesson about diving right into the install as soon as I got home. I may have forgot that the turbo stays a bit hot for awhile! Sounds great though!

One minor note for other morons like me that had a long, stressful day and aren't focused on the task at hand... After the install, if the first gentle rev unleashes R2D2 noises from the turbo, you forgot to plug the wire harness back in! Yes, I did that. Seems I caught a case of the stupids today.
I did the same thing lol, knew exactly what I had forgotten though and fixed it!