Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba RMM Review ...after 50k

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well I have had my Boomba RMM in now for 50k+ miles and have been very satisfied with it. No squeaks...No rattles or anything out of it! Been rolling a Gen2 GTX2860 on it as of the last 5k. Almost 300whp + or - some HP depending on the day and road surface, Its a great piece from Boomba! There are a lot of choices out there now all which seem to be good quality poopa for your FiST. If you don't have a RMM ...I suggest buying one...totally worth it ...i was my First mod! Glad I did it! Thanks Boomba!

1558333696597.png

Last edited:
Well I have had my Boomba RMM in now for 50k+ miles and have been very satisfied with it. No squeaks...No rattles or anything out of it! Been rolling a Gen2 GTX2860 on it as of the last 5k. Almost 300whp + or - some HP depending on the day and road surface, Its a great piece from Boomba! There are a lot of choices out there now all which seem to be good quality poopa for your FiST. If you don't have a RMM ...I suggest buying one...totally worth it ...i was my First mod! Glad I did it! Thanks Boomba!

View attachment 20419
I had it for about 85k miles. AC vibes nothing too bad. Now onto the CPE rmm. One of my first mods too! [drinking]

Se7eN

I had that thing for less then a week and traded it back for a Mountune RMM. Hated every second I had it on the car. Did make it feel awesome when doing runs though.

PS, TQ Solutions RMM takes a shit if you have too much power

Mountune rmm just started creaking again... thinking the bolts are coming loose, again. As much as I love it when it’s quiet, really considering either boomba or Cobb if I have to pick the car up every 2 months to tighten this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had that thing for less then a week and traded it back for a Mountune RMM. Hated every second I had it on the car. Did make it feel awesome when doing runs though.

PS, TQ Solutions RMM takes a shit if you have too much power
I am curious to see how all the Powerflex stuff feels in conjunction with the CPE. All I really want is no engine movement [raceflag]

Se7eN

Mountune rmm just started creaking again... thinking the bolts are coming loose, again. As much as I love it when it’s quiet, really considering either boomba or Cobb if I have to pick the car up every 2 months to tighten this thing.
if you grease it up it doesn't make any noise, I gave mine to a buddy and lubed it all and hasn't made another noise.

if you grease it up it doesn't make any noise, I gave mine to a buddy and lubed it all and hasn't made another noise.
I had used a general multipurpose grease the last time, slathered all of the contact point on it. Lifted the car to check torque values and both the bolts are at around 60 ft/lbs (I say around because I use an autozone torque wrench). Next week I’ll see if I can actually further disassemble the motor mount itself and see if I can grease whatever I can take apart.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I got a Boomba RMM on mine.

At first, it vibrated pretty noticeably at idle.... Basically all the time. Once it broke in, its actually not bad at all. I only get a vibration at idle with the AC on. Not an issue for me though. It made shifting and driving so much more enjoyable.

Solid 9.5/10

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I had used a general multipurpose grease the last time, slathered all of the contact point on it. Lifted the car to check torque values and both the bolts are at around 60 ft/lbs (I say around because I use an autozone torque wrench). Next week I’ll see if I can actually further disassemble the motor mount itself and see if I can grease whatever I can take apart.
I highly recommend Mobil 1 grease. You can get it in a 1 pound can (as well as a tube), and it works great. I got frustrated with having to constantly re-grease the sway bar bushings on a previous car -- I switched to Mobil 1 grease and never had another issue. I have used it on the FiST from day 1 (as well as a bunch of other projects) and I haven't had to re-grease anything yet. Good stuff.

I just hit 1000 miles on my FiST with the Boomba RMM and I have to say the shifting is way more solid and as RubenZZZ said idle with the A/C on there's vibration but not hardly noticeable at all for me ..
Definitely something that Ford should do in the production line . [wrenchin] [driving]

Se7eN

Thoughts on the race RMM from whoosh? Strongly considering purchasing one.

It's actually great, first startup there was some vibration I've used it a couple of days and those vibrations are practically gone. I also have the Race upper Trans mount and the Street Engine Mount inserts. Car feels real solid and a lot better then it did with the Torque Solutions or the Mountune I used to have. Also no were near as harsh as the Boomba RMM

Se7eN

my friend greased it inside where the bushing sits