Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boost Issues / Boost Leak?

I just installed a Whoosh V3 FMIC about two weeks ago and added a dizzy stage 2 tune. I also changed my coils (NGK) and plugs (6510)

The car was driving phenomenal up until yesterday, when i would get up to around 18 psi for boost the car would start stuttering and would stop making power. It felt like something was shaking up front. I stopped trying to boost and drove the car home without using the turbo and the car drove normal, no issues and no lights. When i got home i switched my tune from the dizzy to the cobb OTS and tested again. This time my boost stopped around 13 psi and wouldnt go higher. i could hear the turbo spooling then would catch and put a little boost out but then immediately drop in pressure and stop making power.

I just checked all my hoses, and everything looked secure, no loose clamps and all hoses were attached.

I saw a thread the other day that seemed like the same issues and they said the coils were the problem. So i checked the resistance of all the coils and there were no big discrepancies between any of them.

Any other ideas of where to start looking?

OP
I
Thread Starter #2
Problem solved ,
Dug my old ignition coils out of the trash and threw them in. Problem went away.
I bought the NGK coils from rock auto , worked great for a week before this problem arised.

My last car 2004 scion xb ate ignition coil #1 like clock work every 5 years within the day lol. I tried NGK once.... 2 weeks in it was toast despite all voltages in operating spec. Went back to a Toyota brand coil waited 5 years for it to crap out like usual.