Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

S280 boost issues

Long time listener. First time caller..

so I’ve got my s280 installed and I’ve gotten my 1st revision from Adam. Now on this map I’m not getting passed 14lbs of boost my wgdc is hitting 40% but the boost target is between 21 and 23lbs.. I’ve triple checked the solinoid and everything is routed correctly and I’m not loosing boost up top at all… I’m at a loss IMG_0337.png

dhminer

2000 Post Club
How much boost did you hit on the base map?

If you hit nearly the same on base map, I’d venture a guess that it’s a boost leak based on the behavior. Something can’t hold more than 14 PSI.

OP
G
Thread Starter #3
How much boost did you hit on the base map?

If you hit nearly the same on base map, I’d venture a guess that it’s a boost leak based on the behavior. Something can’t hold more than 14 PSI.
Its almost exactly the same as my base map I would actually peak a little higher on the base map.. Adam said he thinks my solinoid is routed incorrectly but I’ve triple checked it and nothing else is loose at all intercooler, charge pipes crossover everything is sealed

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Its almost exactly the same as my base map I would actually peak a little higher on the base map.. Adam said he thinks my solinoid is routed incorrectly but I’ve triple checked it and nothing else is loose at all intercooler, charge pipes crossover everything is sealed
Adam is useless for troubleshooting

I agree with the above post, in that you're not going to get much help once he has decided what the problem is . . . . unless you just like being talked down to.

So, the way I understand it . . . the base tune at 14 lbs is allowing the WG to open based solely on its own spring pressure. In subsequent tunes, the WG solenoid is used to hold the WG shut to allow for high boost levels. So, in theory, if you are still seeing the same 14 lbs, the problem is in the WG or solenoid, which is why he immediately assumed its plumbed wrong. Unless a boost leak is magically keeping the exact same boost levels (unlikely).

If you're sure it's plumbed correctly, double check that you have the solenoid wired correctly and that the connections are sound. At some point, you might have to switch out the solenoid to troubleshoot.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I agree with the above post, in that you're not going to get much help once he has decided what the problem is . . . . unless you just like being talked down to.

So, the way I understand it . . . the base tune at 14 lbs is allowing the WG to open based solely on its own spring pressure. In subsequent tunes, the WG solenoid is used to hold the WG shut to allow for high boost levels. So, in theory, if you are still seeing the same 14 lbs, the problem is in the WG or solenoid, which is why he immediately assumed its plumbed wrong. Unless a boost leak is magically keeping the exact same boost levels (unlikely).

If you're sure it's plumbed correctly, double check that you have the solenoid wired correctly and that the connections are sound. At some point, you might have to switch out the solenoid to troubleshoot.
Good point on a leak likely not being so consistent. I didn’t even look at the graph. Damn newborn life got me delirious lol. Agree it could be a faulty solenoid if it’s all wired and plumbed properly

OP
G
Thread Starter #9
Thanks y’all I have an extra solinoid to swap out with.. so I will start with wiring and swap it out soon I have a gender reveal today … so it’s gonna be a couple days…. Also thanks for the other insight as well I just switched from dizzy for my BT tune.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Thanks y’all I have an extra solinoid to swap out with.. so I will start with wiring and swap it out soon I have a gender reveal today … so it’s gonna be a couple days…. Also thanks for the other insight as well I just switched from dizzy for my BT tune.
Dizzy has tuned my 2860 and done phenomenally. Westley at Phul will be tuning the G25 when I finally install it. Can’t wait - he’s awesome.

What's with all the Adam bashing? I've never worked with him, but his work seems solid. I wouldn't rely on my tuner for mechanical troubleshooting. Best you're going to get in most cases is a shot in the dark since they don't have the car in front of them. IMO

dhminer

2000 Post Club
What's with all the Adam bashing? I've never worked with him, but his work seems solid. I wouldn't rely on my tuner for mechanical troubleshooting. Best you're going to get in most cases is a shot in the dark since they don't have the car in front of them. IMO
What bashing? He is gods gift to the automotive world and we should all bow and be grateful he’s decided to grace our platform with his supreme intellect and skill.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Start Digging around and you will see why All "Bashing"

l2SpQRuCQzY1RXHqM.gif

Last edited:
Personally I liked working with Adam. I did a data log in altitude(didn't know that the baro pressure would be all off, I was doing prior runs at sea level) sent it to him and he got annoyed and said the data was trash but then he said if I do mountain runs often he could tweak the tune to limit boost at altitude. He also threw in a tweak for fuel quality. So yeah Adam is Adam but he did a great job.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Haters gonna hate! Adam likes to work Adams way and that tweaks some of the I want my cake and eat it too people, People who expect everything on a silver platter. Ya the ones that were given awards for stuff for the sake of feel good. :eek: shots fired :ROFLMAO:
Seriously though Adam is really good S280 tuner which a lot of us are running at this point in time. He has tested and tuned it extensively on his own setup and has been tuning it ever since it arrived in the states. Jason @dizzy is a good tuner as well . He has a fair amount of experience with the S280 as well. I had a choice and choose Adam due to a friend having his S242 tuned by him and another person in the business recommending him as the best S280 tuner their words not mine.
I bought an unlimited tune setup from Adam before he stopped selling unlimited options . my car flies the gas mileage is pretty damn good and my numbers are great. I do what Adam says to do and he delivers me great tunes.

P.S. some of the commenters in this thread are very opinionated and on top of that just love to stir shit up for the sake of it. Not saying any names their posts will tell you.:ROFLMAO:

P.P.S. To whoever this concerns if you can’t stand the fire get out of the kitchen.:ROFLMAO: