Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boost leak or limp mode?

Ok so I haven’t had any problems with my car thus far. I have almost all bolt installed for big turbo and haven’t done anything to her in about 3-4 months.

This morning I was driving to work and everything felt normal. As I was driving home tho, I pulled onto the street and something seemed off immediately. Driving normally is fine, no Dash light or anything. When I made a left turn for the highway ramp I started to get into boost and I heard what sounded like my BOV but constantly spitting air. I checked my AP and WOT it goes up to and sits at 15psi.

Now if this was a sound buildup I would know it’s a boost leak, but it seams to sound the same as my bov, same area, and same kind of sound. It dosent build up, and it goes off exactly at 15psi. I don’t think limp mode goes to 15 psi but I have a tune from stratified so again, unsure. I’ll check it out more Saturday when I get a chance, but just wondering if anyone has an idea of what it may be.

Thanks
Zack

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ok so I haven’t had any problems with my car thus far. I have almost all bolt installed for big turbo and haven’t done anything to her in about 3-4 months.

This morning I was driving to work and everything felt normal. As I was driving home tho, I pulled onto the street and something seemed off immediately. Driving normally is fine, no Dash light or anything. When I made a left turn for the highway ramp I started to get into boost and I heard what sounded like my BOV but constantly spitting air. I checked my AP and WOT it goes up to and sits at 15psi.

Now if this was a sound buildup I would know it’s a boost leak, but it seams to sound the same as my bov, same area, and same kind of sound. It dosent build up, and it goes off exactly at 15psi. I don’t think limp mode goes to 15 psi but I have a tune from stratified so again, unsure. I’ll check it out more Saturday when I get a chance, but just wondering if anyone has an idea of what it may be.

Thanks
Zack
What setup are you running?

OP
Brezina542
Thread Starter #3
What setup are you running?
Stock turbo
Whoosh intercooler
Turbo smart shortie bov
Ram air foam filter
93 tune from stratified.

That’s everything related to the problem I believe. I have an s280 collecting dust along with a whoosh DP under my desk but I’m moving and can’t put it on until after I move.

OP
Brezina542
Thread Starter #4
“Related” btw was wrong term. But more or less related to the “boost” so to say. I have other stuff like rmm and such but wouldn’t be the issue in this instance. Just wanted to clarify

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ill put money on it the Car is in Economy tune/ Low boost tune/ Valet mode* Check your setting through your Cruise control for your Tuning MAP*

OP
Brezina542
Thread Starter #6
Not to revive an old thread but forgot to post issue for anyone looking for answers. it was a melted vacuum line from map sensor to BOV. that was the first thing i did to the car when i first got it a while ago lol, and I guess i just threw that line wherever. simple fix, just some 7/16 vacuum lime from advanced auto parts solved my issue. made sure to route is correctly this time.