Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boost leak or exhaust leak?

Hey!

I bought my 15’ ST with a bunch of goodies already installed (2560r turbo, tubular manifold, Turbosmart BOV on the hotside charge pipe, tial mvs ewg, 3” vband downpipe, intercooler and a cpe catback exhaust). Im in the process of tuning it and my tuner just told me that I may have either an exhaust leak or a boost leak. Car sounds and pulls fine but it wont go past 19.xx psi. I did a symposer delete and it helped a bit but it still holds at the same psi. Wgdc is at 72% just throwing it out there, on the TIP tho its reading about 25psi of boost but only 19psi is making it to the TB and the MAP sensor…. I ordered a boost leak tester just to be sure but wanted to pick you guys brains as I believe my boost leak might be at the BOV or the TB itself

haste

1000 Post Club
Your description leads me to believe that you have a boost leak. You could also have a failing sensor.

Exhaust leak would be easy to find. Start it up cold and spray all the exhaust connections with soapy water. You could also do a visual inspection before spraying anything for obvious soot buildup at a possible leak point.