Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BoostBumps RaceRed Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #185
Looks awesome, Tom! I applaud you on the application. That can't be the easiest overlay to get perfect.
hey thanks Tom! But honestly, I was surprised and pleased to see how exacting a fit the "ST" overlay inserts from TFB Designs were ...The installation was very easy and took about a minute...seriously they were that easy to install!

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #186
- Just changed out oil and filter @ 3800 miles - Pennzoil Platinum 5w20

[HR][/HR]
Update on CFM Breather Cap and JLT OCC install:

- Still no oil residue or splash up seen on top surface of breather cap baffle after 250miles and multiple WOT tuning runs @ +25psi....

- Will inspect newly installed OCC after 500 miles

[HR][/HR]
- 96 and 100 octane street tunes currently in process....

[HR][/HR]
- Beginning to investigate turbo upgrade options...

Chris G

BoostBump's RaceRed Build Thread

Excited to hear more about how your OCC is doing. After reading through a few threads I think I am going to follow your lead and try it out.

Was the OCC fairly easy to install? I've also got the breather, I ran it for about 50 miles and had a little oil on top of the baffle. It was hardly anything, but I took it off for now. Don't want to run into future potential problems. Seems it's hit or miss with the FoST guys as well.

Chris G

BoostBump's RaceRed Build Thread

Based on everything I've read in other threads, the OCC is very easy to install. It looks like Tom (BoostBumps) just used some emissions hose, a few reducers, and a check valve and didn't do any of the other stuff I have seen in the other threads. Some of the folks go above and beyond to make it look more OEM. The only thing I am unsure of is the usage of the check valve... maybe he can help explain more there? Also, how did you connect the hose to the PCV and IM connectors?

Based on everything I've read in other threads, the OCC is very easy to install. It looks like Tom (BoostBumps) just used some emissions hose, a few reducers, and a check valve and didn't do any of the other stuff I have seen in the other threads. Some of the folks go above and beyond to make it look more OEM. The only thing I am unsure of is the usage of the check valve... maybe he can help explain more there? Also, how did you connect the hose to the PCV and IM connectors?
I'm curious as to that last part as well. I have the same parts coming this week and am hoping to be able to install everything this weekend.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Some folks buy a extra Factory PVC hose and cut the ends to reuse the factory connectors which is what I did.. I am surprised by the amout of moisture captured in the can during cold weather aka winter..

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #192
Some folks buy a extra Factory PVC hose and cut the ends to reuse the factory connectors which is what I did.. I am surprised by the amout of moisture captured in the can during cold weather aka winter..
This is exactly what I did with the existing OEM PCV hose...

PCV hose connector.jpg

I ordered a replacement PCV hose from RockAuto (~$20) in case I wish to remove the OCC in the event I need to bring the car in for Service or Repair...Removing the OCC setup and restoring back to stock shouldn't take any more than 5 min now...

Chris G

I gotcha. So you guys bought that hose simply for the connectors... things are starting to come together now. ;)

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #194
I gotcha. So you guys bought that hose simply for the connectors... things are starting to come together now. ;)
Yup..I purchased the PCV hose assembly as a replacement and used the connectors from the existing hose...

Chris G

And I thought I would never understand how to install this type of thing.... you've made it easy for me to get. Thanks!

Good to know, thanks! Have you noticed any oil accumulation on the baffled breather and/or oil saturation of the filter?

I'm having this happen on mine... maybe the OCC will eliminate the problem??

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #199
Good to know, thanks! Have you noticed any oil accumulation on the baffled breather and/or oil saturation of the filter?

I'm having this happen on mine... maybe the OCC will eliminate the problem??
So far so good...Still not seeing any oil residue or signs of splash on top surface of breather cap baffle or filter after 250miles and multiple WOT tuning runs @ +25psi....I can't see how adding an OCC would eliminate that from occurring...

Alright. Hopefully you don't have the issue same as me. I have had the breather/filter on for less than 50 miles and have had the oil accumulation issue. CFM recommends drilling a little hole to allow any accumulated oil to drain back into the breather. Just an FYI; and thanks again for all the help and info.

Back on topic: NICE BUILD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.