Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BoostBumps RaceRed Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #221
Awesome work, Tom! That CP-E does look next level compared to the other options currently available!
Thanks Tom! I am extremely pleased with the overall design and quality....

just read through the build. great job, sick car![perfect10]
Thanks!

Great build. It was a nice read and gave me some ideas.

I was curious--any particular reason why you opted for recirculating the OCC back to the manifold rather than VTA? The breather cap is basically serving as VTA, so maybe it's not necessary to worry about venting the catch can to atmosphere, as well. Nevertheless, VTA OCC seems like the safest option from a carbon build up standpoint.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #227
Great build. It was a nice read and gave me some ideas.

I was curious--any particular reason why you opted for recirculating the OCC back to the manifold rather than VTA? The breather cap is basically serving as VTA, so maybe it's not necessary to worry about venting the catch can to atmosphere, as well. Nevertheless, VTA OCC seems like the safest option from a carbon build up standpoint.
thank you...

Connecting the line from the IM to OCC provides much greater efficiency in "pulling" excess pressure from the VC under vacuum conditions...The breather CAP is just used as a redundancy which should help reduce pressure further...I installed the OCC moreso to provide for cleaner ignitions and not as much concerned with carbon buildup...

thank you...

Connecting the vacuum line from the IM to OCC provides much greater efficiency in "pulling" excess pressure from the VC...The breather CAP is just used as a redundancy which should help reduce pressure further...I installed the OCC moreso to provide for acleaner ignition and not as much concerned with carbon buildup...
Interesting. I think that might actually be the ideal setup. Under throttle, the PCV is closed, but the breather cap is open, allowing the pressure from blow-by to escape. Off throttle, the PCV opens up and the breather cap closes, coupled with vacuum from IM you are actually sucking out from the CC into the catch can. Is that correct?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #229
Interesting. I think that might actually be the ideal setup. Under throttle, the PCV is closed, but the breather cap is open, allowing the pressure from blow-by to escape. Off throttle, the PCV opens up and the breather cap closes, coupled with vacuum from IM you are actually sucking out from the CC into the catch can. Is that correct?
yes...that's basically the idea...just installed as a preventative measure....

Very Nice Build. I like how you provided all the OEM - upgrade comparison photos in the original posts in this thread.

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #232
Great build. Thanks for this thread and all the info and photos.
Very Nice Build. I like how you provided all the OEM - upgrade comparison photos in the original posts in this thread.
Hey thanks! And very much appreciated...

Always eager to share information, insights, and experiences as many other members have here on our forum...

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #233
Rally Innovations Front Splitter

Installed Rally Innovations new front splitter which now extends further than the previous version and also follows the front lines much better...

Easy Install...very pleased

RI Splitter 1.jpg

RI Splitter 2.jpg

RI Splitter 3.jpg

RI Splitter 4.jpg

RI Splitter 5.jpg

Installed Rally Innovations new front splitter which now extends further than the previous version and also follows the front lines much better...

Easy Install...very pleased

View attachment 5944

View attachment 5945

View attachment 5946

View attachment 5947

View attachment 5948
Looks great man! Why'd you decide on this one? I thought I remember seeing you posting on a group buy for a carbon fiber splitter...

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #235
Looks great man! Why'd you decide on this one? I thought I remember seeing you posting on a group buy for a carbon fiber splitter...
thanks! I am very pleased...

Its the same basic styling as the Bojix...This splitter is somewhat more durable which made of aluminum and powder coated and also its half the price....

Additionally Rally Innovations just modified the original design and this new one extends ~1" further and follows the "lines" much better than previous version..

thanks! I am very pleased...

Its the same basic styling as the Bojix...This splitter is somewhat more durable which made of aluminum and powder coated and also its half the price....

Additionally Rally Innovations just modified the original design and this new one extends ~1" further and follows the "lines" much better than previous version..
Ah okay, cool! For the install, is it just self-tapping screws?

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #237
Ah okay, cool! For the install, is it just self-tapping screws?
Its very light and uses the existing mounting hardware / locations as OE and also comes with 4 additional nut/bolt/lock washers which you do need to drill 4 holes to secure further ....The whole install took about a half hour max...very secure....

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Its very light and uses the existing mounting hardware / locations as OE and also comes with 4 additional nut/bolt/lock washers which you do need to drill 4 holes to secure further ....The whole install took about a half hour max...very secure....
Looks good. Is that the 3 peice one?

Status
Not open for further replies.