Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

brake dust getting annoying - ceramic options

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Hey guys I am about to start going through the archives for more info. After getting some new wheels I am about done with the brake dust from the oem pads. Any suggestions on a decent ceramic or other kind of less dusty pad? I know I will probably need to give up some braking performance but fully prepared for that as I just rip around on weekends and whatnot. I am in the process of having the wheels ceramic coated but dont want to deal with the dust anymore.

Fiestig

I just went with the good ol autozone brand (so called premium ceramics) I was never so happy to not see loads of brake dust. Of course you lose some braking performance. But DAAAAAAAAAAAMN!... Look at them wheels all nice and clean :cool:.

In all honesty, even if you decided to track the car, I would just prep it before hand with track pads. I do mine in about 20min.

YELLOW EBC minimal Dusting even with Hard braking often.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Its impossible to get a consensus on these! Some say they dust like hell, others say barely at all. Just ordered a set myself, let's see what happens.

Most seem to agree that EBC reds are low dust, however.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I ran the Centric pads Tire Rack offered. Relatively cheap, WAY LESS dust and decent braking. Be warned that all other pads are going to be less grabby than the factory set-up. You'll miss the "dropped anchor" feeling, but then you don't clean your every other day.

Ran some Powerstop performance pads as well. These worked pretty good and dusted WAY LESS than the factory summer pads did.

I dont track my car. This is all street-driven reviews with occasional hard canyon driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its impossible to get a consensus on these! Some say they dust like hell, others say barely at all. Just ordered a set myself, let's see what happens.

Most seem to agree that EBC reds are low dust, however.
My EBC yellows dusted like hell. Definitely less than OEM tho. But I did not feel they were worth the price over OEM.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My EBC yellows dusted like hell. Definitely less than OEM tho. But I did not feel they were worth the price over OEM.
I've ran Stock super dusters....then Ran Carbotech Bobcat 1521s some dust....now running EBC yellows....some dust but way less than Stock dusters. Ceramics do dust...the dust is just less easier to see.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

green_henry

1000 Post Club
EBC yellows were filthy on my TSX... not sure how much of that was due to the rotor material (I had RacingBrake 2-pc rotors on that car)... they're about the same as the Winmax pads that Mountune was re-selling a few years ago.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I was reading about these on their site. They look pretty good but mention working better with heavier cars. May give them a go.
I have run them the last 2.5 years. In all weather. They can easily bring the car to a stop almost as quick as the performance pads the ST has. Dust is pretty low. Which is great for someone like me who drives a LOT during the week. They dont have the death bite the factory pads do, but that just trains you to trail brake.

PUNKST very nice way of describing how the red's feel while braking.i was looking for those words lol

OP
akiraproject24

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Thread Starter #16
I have run them the last 2.5 years. In all weather. They can easily bring the car to a stop almost as quick as the performance pads the ST has. Dust is pretty low. Which is great for someone like me who drives a LOT during the week. They dont have the death bite the factory pads do, but that just trains you to trail brake.
The reds are looking pretty good, probably going to give them a go. Also looking at the Hawk 5.0. I'll say the EBC slotted rotors are looking pretty sexy too.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I am also considering the EBC black coated, slotted rotors as well.

I wish that Ate made their 'orbital' slotted pattern PowerDisc rotors for our rides, as I had them on my Z28 (of all things, shocked that they made them for THAT car!), and they were great.

Or even the DBA 'roo paw' rotors, which they supposedly did make in the past for our app?? [dunno]

I guess these are what I went with: Duralast Gold / Brake Pads - Front

I have had them for my daily pads for 2 years. Still good
Nothing like a lifetime warranty on brake pads either tho. I’m waiting for the duralast elites for our cars. They’re a copper free ceramic.

I installed EBC Yellow stuff w/ their regular black rotors yesterday and braked away most of the protective paint today. Still long break in process ahead, but very impressed with them so far. Once the rotor paint is gone, they're absolutely silent, everywhere. The initial bite is just so much more comfortable than OEMs. They are very linear and bite is already great (although maybe further down the travel than OEMs... or that could just be air in the system, haha).

There's a touch of dust on the calipers, but I think that's just the paint from the rotors so far. You can tell by just the feel that they'll dust way less than OEMs.

EDIT: Removed off-topic parts

Last edited: