Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brand New Owner from the Dominion of Canada

Hey gang,

Just purchased this 2014 Molten Orange ST. It has 51000kms on the clock and it's pretty mint. I am uncertain of the nomenclature but it's the fully loaded one with the Recaros and all that.
In all honesty, I haven't seen it in person yet, I am moving out of the Canadian Arctic to New-Brunswick next month and had to send my dad to test drive it.
It was in great shape and the garage I bought it from did a bunch of repairs on it:

- New Windshield
- New break pads and rotors
- The windows have been re-tinted
- The AC had an issue

I also had them throw 4 winter tires and 4 summer tires.

I've been a car guy a while but being in the arctic made it difficult, so I am stocked to be back at it.

My current rides are:
- 1997 GMC K1500 Sierra SLT 4x4 extended cab with the 5.7L V8 (Yep it's a 350). It was a great vehicle for the "roads" we have here but I am ready to leave truck behind.
- 2001 Kawasaki KLR 650. Awesome sturdy bike, I am bringing it with me down "south" to see how I like it on the open road.
- 2009 BRP MXZ 600 e-Tec Adrenaline Anniversary. Just sold this but it gave me great pleasure on the open tundra.
- 1970 Cessna 150K - Yep a plane, that one is my real baby. 90HP yet it'll do a steady 90MPH and never get a speeding ticket and unless the weather is bad, it'll get anywhere before a car does.

Past rides:
- 1994 Mazda MX-3 Precidia 1.6 auto - First car and I loved it with love even if it was seriously underpowered. I did a bunch of rice-y things to it, like painting interior trims (badly) Cold-air and a cheap drop. Good ol'days
- 2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Sport - My first stick shift car, did a bunch of suspension works on it but lost it in a crash before I could tune the engine.
- 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS Limited - Same car with a better interior and bigger wheels. Ran a cold air intake and a catback with a COBB access port tune, as well as some suspension work. I adored this thing but I sold it to move up north, it would have needed too much work to make it viable on the shitty northern "roads".
- 2007 Honda Ridgeline - Surprisingly capable truck considering it is an SUV - Lost it in a crash, some lady ran a stop sign.
- 2000 GMC Jimmy SE - Decent SUV but then I saw the K1500 for sale.

Well that's it, I am seriously excited to drive the Fiesta ST. 10 years in automatic trucks is more than enough. I plan on road-tripping the hell out of it to explore eastern Canada and the US.
Thank you guys for having me, I am happy to be aboard. View attachment 28181 View attachment 28182 View attachment 28183 View attachment 28184 View attachment 28181

Last edited:
OP
Bushrod
Thread Starter #2
Sorry all if the pictures are messed up, my northern internet is bullshit and uploading stuff is a major pain.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
It's a great FWD rally car - I blast around on gravel roads at 100kmph all the time with my winter tires on. Very predictable!

Enjoy your new ride, they've proven themselves to be reliable little buckets.

OP
Bushrod
Thread Starter #5
It's a great FWD rally car - I blast around on gravel roads at 100kmph all the time with my winter tires on. Very predictable!

Enjoy your new ride, they've proven themselves to be reliable little buckets.
I am still a little worried about the winter performance, it is light and low to the ground; but I have no doubt it'll be wonderful in the summer both on tarmac and gravel!

Speaking of gravel, I was just looking into ordering a set of Rally Armor mud flaps. They did wonders on my Subarus back in the day and they look awesome.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I am still a little worried about the winter performance, it is light and low to the ground; but I have no doubt it'll be wonderful in the summer both on tarmac and gravel!

Speaking of gravel, I was just looking into ordering a set of Rally Armor mud flaps. They did wonders on my Subarus back in the day and they look awesome.
I'm sure you can figure out throttle control for winter conditions! Turn the ESC right off if you have to - I can't wait for the LSD install I've got planned.

OP
Bushrod
Thread Starter #7
I'm sure you can figure out throttle control for winter conditions! Turn the ESC right off if you have to - I can't wait for the LSD install I've got planned.
Thanks! I am looking forward to trying it out! What's your plan on the LSD?

OP
Bushrod
Thread Starter #9
Quaife sitting in my parents shop waiting for my van to move so I can park my car! Ha!
The joys of having many vehicles. What do you use the Sprinter for? My wife and I have a long term goal of building a small RV and I've seen many builds centered around the Sprinter.

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
It's my dream vehicle 144WB 4x4 - fully 'Albertaized' with 35" tires and bumpers front and back. Its being outfitted for full time use and overlanding as I'm on disability and have decided to forgo a house for this route. It was either house and no adventures or adventures and no house so the Sprinter came about!

I haven't done many updates on it - priorities have lied elsewhere - but this spring I hope to have this phase sorted (interior build out minus shower).

OP
Bushrod
Thread Starter #11
It's my dream vehicle 144WB 4x4 - fully 'Albertaized' with 35" tires and bumpers front and back. Its being outfitted for full time use and overlanding as I'm on disability and have decided to forgo a house for this route. It was either house and no adventures or adventures and no house so the Sprinter came about!

I haven't done many updates on it - priorities have lied elsewhere - but this spring I hope to have this phase sorted (interior build out minus shower).
That sounds like a dope van. My wife wants to go the retro route but having worked on older vehicles before I'm not super comfortable. I can work on them or have some work done but you never quiiiite trust them. A modern Merc would inspire more confidence. Do you have any pics?

P.S. I support Adventure as the best choice!

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
That sounds like a dope van. My wife wants to go the retro route but having worked on older vehicles before I'm not super comfortable. I can work on them or have some work done but you never quiiiite trust them. A modern Merc would inspire more confidence. Do you have any pics?

P.S. I support Adventure as the best choice!
Pictures are on my computer but I haven't done a write up since I started on the inside - trying to focus on progress and ensuring it's documented (electrical diagrams, plumbing diagrams etc). I'll keep you posted!

OP
Bushrod
Thread Starter #14
Wonderful, looking forward to it!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk