Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I idle at 0rpm!

OK not really, but that's what the tach said. I came do a stop and saw that I was at 0rpm... Blipped the throttle and yup, still running.... Took off and the engine was happy with crusing slightly below "1k"... So the tach is off at speed too... Another stop, back at 0...turned the car off and then back on.... Everything went back to normal.....

Not going to take the car in unless it happens again, just thought I'd share and see if anybody else had something similar happen to them.

Sounds like your tach lost its ground or something rather than the engine stopped. If your car actually idles really low you can feel the motor stumbling.

OK not really, but that's what the tach said. I came do a stop and saw that I was at 0rpm... Blipped the throttle and yup, still running.... Took off and the engine was happy with crusing slightly below "1k"... So the tach is off at speed too... Another stop, back at 0...turned the car off and then back on.... Everything went back to normal.....

Not going to take the car in unless it happens again, just thought I'd share and see if anybody else had something similar happen to them.
If you do end up taking your ST in for this, please let me know. I'll look into some additional options.

Meagan

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
Sounds like your tach lost its ground or something rather than the engine stopped. If your car actually idles really low you can feel the motor stumbling.
Yes exactly, still running normal, it didn't die.... Tach even still worked, just 0 at idle and registering too low at speed, it just got off somehow.

If you do end up taking your ST in for this, please let me know. I'll look into some additional options.

Meagan
Will do! Hasn't done it again(yet) so maybe it was just some odd one time deal that resolved itself, but nice to have you on the forums ready to help!