Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Random click sound at idle

Engine is stock and never been tuned, click starts happening mostly when its hot, causes a missfire when the click occours.. While trying to fix the problem i have replaced boost sensor, MAF and MAP sensors, EVAP purge valve and vacume tube assembly, coils, sparkplugs, upper engine mount, high pressure fuel pump cam bucket, coolant bypass valve. Some parts were replaced due to fault codes.

Car goes into limp mode randomly but never shows any codes on my cheap scan tool but most likely the knock sensor..

Engine revs smoothly and seems to boost as per normal but sounds like there could be a small boost leak but i doubt thats causing the random click at idle. it sounds like a tappet or lifter. since brand new i have done engine oil and filter change every 5000km with full synthetic oil, also has been run on 98 octane the whole time.

Not sure if this forum allows it but i have some data from my scan tool from the engine running at full operating temp, maybe someone can see somthing i can't see as i am not sure what all the values should be. I will attach a .pdf file.

I got a scan done by a garage and he said there was a code for "knock sensor" which is probaly caused by the clicking but that was before i replaced the upper engine mount that was well gone and was causing a lot of vibrations. car is a 2014 Fiesta ST and has done 143000km.

Attachments

Last edited:

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just spit-balling here, but if you changed one engine mount, the other one may be shaking the engine enough to cause the symptoms you describe.