Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sound after revving when returning to idle

niblnabl

Hi everyone,

There is a single click/noise that almost sounds kinda like a scrape after I rev my engine and it returns to idle. It does it regardless of my clutch or transmission, and is only there for half a second. It doesn't do it if I don't rev high enough, or if I rev to redline. My friend said it sounds like it is coming from under the engine cover, or behind the engine. I took a video if anyone will listen to it and let me know what they think, we can't figure it out.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/9Qlayy5a5pk

Thank you!

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I listened but it's very hard to tell. It almost sounded like the AC clutch trying to engage. Was your AC on or off? That's likely not it. I'd jack the car up and secure it on multiple jack stands, then see if someone can listen underneath while doing the same thing.

OP
N

niblnabl

Thread Starter #3
I listened but it's very hard to tell. It almost sounded like the AC clutch trying to engage. Was your AC on or off? That's likely not it. I'd jack the car up and secure it on multiple jack stands, then see if someone can listen underneath while doing the same thing.
Thank you for listening! The AC was off, I will take your advice and see if I can hear it from underneath. Thanks again!