Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

California Targets Loud Exhaust with Sound-Activated Camera Enforcement

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, I noticed all the young dudes in BMWs are backfiring like crazy in naturally aspirated cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can hear them coming and going for like a half-mile or so away on some of the 'twistier' roads around here, whether they are NA or boosted! [crazyeye]

ronmcdon

Glad to see it. I love fast cars, I have fast motorcycles, but I don't like it when they are racing down my street when I'm trying to sleep, or when I can't have a conversation with someone while walking down the street.

I'm old! Get off my lawn!
have the same issue where I live the bmws and lambos being the culpits.

95db limit is actually pretty conservative. It's often db limit on Leguna Seca racetrack. I don't blow 95db going wot on my fiesta with catted cobb dp and thermal catback. have barely blown it at 97db one time with my z1le camaro w stock exhaust (was the final run of the day and wanted to test out if I could go wot without getting in trouble). I am not sure your typical bmw with juvenile burble tune would be that loud, but hope im wrong.

sadly not sure how much difference it'll make if the cameras are identified say on navigation apps like Waze, although I do hope they install it on some residential streets to discourage speeding and making a racket.

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I do hope they install it on some residential streets to discourage speeding and making a racket.

On my street, it's not the noise, it's f'ng Tesla owners and SUV's barreling through the Stop signs and speeding up the hill!

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #46
Strategically placed Speed bumps would be effective and may be cheaper. Would deter acceleration and speeding addressing noise and speed together in specific areas.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #49
Back in the ‘90,s IIRC there were billboards, bus signs, etc. sponsored by 1800CUTSMOG where anyone could call and report license plates of gross polluters. They would tally up possible repeat offenders with a notice via mail and if need be a visit to the ref. Maybe they’ll bring that back for gross polluters and noise violators. Easy enough to capture video today as proof. I have a list and ready 😎

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
How do you report noise pollution to the EPA?

Report noise pollution. Noise pollution is sound at a level that’s annoying, distracting or harmful to a person’s wellbeing. How you report noise pollution depends on where the noise is coming from. If you’re not sure who to complain about noise to, call EPA’s 24-hour pollution hotline on 1300 372 842.

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #51
Leaf blowers are reportable now if with 500ft of residence in LA County. Download app and have at it MYLA311. Reporting Vehicle noise violations are currently handled by LEOs.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Ekectric cars
Strategically placed Speed bumps would be effective and may be cheaper. Would deter acceleration and speeding addressing noise and speed together in specific areas.
Speed bumps and especially humps are literally fun for the motorcycles...

OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #55
It’s not a matter of skill or capability, it’s other unforeseen situations that will kill in LA. This thread topic is posted in a specific location of the forum for the region. Please try to keep that in mind.

Last edited:
OP
koozy

koozy

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #57
I didn’t avoid anything. I choose not to waste my time. If that’s avoiding to you, so be it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
How do you report noise pollution to the EPA?

Report noise pollution. Noise pollution is sound at a level that’s annoying, distracting or harmful to a person’s wellbeing. How you report noise pollution depends on where the noise is coming from. If you’re not sure who to complain about noise to, call EPA’s 24-hour pollution hotline on 1300 372 842.
I just call up my buddy George....