Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car just broke down middle of highway 120km/h

KKaWing

Sorry to hear that. Even with my Nissan Versa they offered me a loaner for the few days it was in. Maybe it's just because they're a small dealer?

OP
J2FoRS

J2FoRS

Thread Starter #23
Sorry to hear that. Even with my Nissan Versa they offered me a loaner for the few days it was in. Maybe it's just because they're a small dealer?
Yes maybe. It's more to do with the fact that I'm not one of their actual customers I reckon. The actual Ford I use would definitely have given me a courtesy vehicle if I was going to not have my car for now going to be 6 days tomorrow.

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
Sounds like a Ford alternator, I remember blowing through a half dozen on my Mustang, and a couple on my ZX5. I'm actually shocked I haven't run into the issue on the FiST, although I do expect it to happen at some point.
^^^ This. My Brother-in-law hates Fords. He's a service manager at a repair shop and he says Fords are always crapping out.... He says he replaces Ford alternators more than anything else. lol