Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car just broke down middle of highway 120km/h

J2FoRS

Car started fine, drove 30km, battery light dinged, MFT turned off to "conserve battery," entire EcU shuts off, gauges steering everything car dies game over all in a matter of 1 minute.....wtf.

Now stuck side of the road...

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Could be just something as small as a bad battery.

OP
J2FoRS

J2FoRS

Thread Starter #4
Car started like a champ then drove 20 km though. I assume it's likely a non charging alternator than my battery.

Now awaiting Ford Roadside...to take me a Ford that isn't open.....

pelotonracer2

1000 Post Club
That sucks. I hope you get it figured out quickly and it's not an expensive fix. [rant]

DvC

has to be the alternator, most cars only use the battery for starting and run off the alternator unless its not working then it will use the battery till its dead. Sucks it happened to you broski

OP
J2FoRS

J2FoRS

Thread Starter #8
Well my poor baby is now sitting at the smallest little Ford your eyes ever did see in a tiny little town off the highway.

Managed to have a random guy boost the car before Ford Roadside showed up and uninstalled my AP and threw it and the cords in my pocket. Lol

Hopefully they don't read the PCM and it's just the battery or alternator under warranty. They aren't open till Monday so my poor lil FiST is stuck there till at least then.

Weekend plans= Ruined.

**EDIT hey this is my 100th post I'm now a "Member" not a newb. :)

OP
J2FoRS

J2FoRS

Thread Starter #10
I was just talking with a FoST guy and he was saying a bunch of them had PCM issues after the latest Cobb AP firmware update. Some with crazy lights going on dash, some wouldn't start, some random electronic failure. I hope I didnt fuck my PCM I just dow loaded latest firmware last week! :O

OP
J2FoRS

J2FoRS

Thread Starter #13
Just hoping its the alternator and not the PCM...:( the suspense is killing me

OP
J2FoRS

J2FoRS

Thread Starter #14
Sooo just got off the phone with Ford.

Alternator pooched. On order from the US as there are zero alternators in Canada apparently. Should be here by tomorrow but am now at the mercy of international shipping.

Hard to believe was just a blown alternator at 29,000km. Hope I get it back tomorrow.

Sounds like a Ford alternator, I remember blowing through a half dozen on my Mustang, and a couple on my ZX5. I'm actually shocked I haven't run into the issue on the FiST, although I do expect it to happen at some point.

OP
J2FoRS

J2FoRS

Thread Starter #18
On to day 5 now without my vehicle. Or any vehicle for that matter. Alternator supposed to have come from the US today did not arrive. So still stranded at my hotel for the 5th day in a row without means of transportation. -_-

KKaWing

Doesn't warranty work qualify for a rental or reimbursement? [MENTION=1539]FordServiceCA[/MENTION]

OP
J2FoRS

J2FoRS

Thread Starter #20
Doesn't warranty work qualify for a rental or reimbursement? [MENTION=1539]FordServiceCA[/MENTION]
Oh you must have thought that BMW made my Fiesta or something (sarcasm). I almost had to take a taxi 22km home after having the car towed to Ford on Friday , luckily an employee overheard my argument with the service advisor and offered to drive me when he got off work in 15 minutes. I couldn't even get home via Ford, you really think they'd offer me a courtesy vehicle? Not in Canada bro. Unless it's the dealer you bought your car from you can kiss any form of customer service or satisfaction goodbye.

Ford Roadside wouldn't even bring me to the Ford in my current town, it was 8.9Km away from home to the nearest dealer, or 18.2km to the dealer in my town.