Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CarMax buying a car from the Devil

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
My car is finally at the Cleveland CarMax, the adventure started July 12th, paid the delivery charged of $200 to get the car shipped from Cincinnati, Ohio to Cleveland, about 300 miles. Was supposed to be delivered on the 16th. That did not happen. Called them on the 17th, they told me they had lost the car, WTF. They refunded my $200, because the car was late. Finally got a message from CM Saturday that my car was found still in Cincinnati. At 9:30 Sat. night I get a message that my car had shipped, but no delivery date. The car arrived on the 21st. I get a call today that the car is ready. So I call them, get the financing worked out, make an appointment to test drive and take delivery. I had to cancel due to not being able to get a ride (my dad is 91 and can't drive). So the only appointment they had for the next 5 days is at 6:30 tomorrow.
Ok at 62 years old I have owned 60+ vehicles. Never have I had to jump through hoops like this to by a car. If I did not want the ST so bad I would have walked on this BS.

You decided to get an ST on my birthday, Bless this ride
sorry you had to go through all the trouble, but i hope its worth it!

Ive always wanted the ST and I ended up getting mine on an impulse one night. I dont regret one bit

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I flew across the state to buy mine. Hadn't test drove one yet either, so luckily I liked it otherwise it would have been a long walk home =)

Intuit

3000 Post Club
My car is finally at the Cleveland CarMax, the adventure started July 12th, paid the delivery charged of $200 to get the car shipped from Cincinnati, Ohio to Cleveland, about 300 miles. Was supposed to be delivered on the 16th. That did not happen. Called them on the 17th, they told me they had lost the car, WTF. They refunded my $200, because the car was late. Finally got a message from CM Saturday that my car was found still in Cincinnati. At 9:30 Sat. night I get a message that my car had shipped, but no delivery date. The car arrived on the 21st. I get a call today that the car is ready. So I call them, get the financing worked out, make an appointment to test drive and take delivery. I had to cancel due to not being able to get a ride (my dad is 91 and can't drive). So the only appointment they had for the next 5 days is at 6:30 tomorrow.
Ok at 62 years old I have owned 60+ vehicles. Never have I had to jump through hoops like this to by a car. If I did not want the ST so bad I would have walked on this BS.
Yeah I had to give it one last drive before it left the city. Sorry about that! 😃😉
When you say you bought it from the devil I expected red horns... not the stripe.
The stripe is rather curious though. What's the story behind that?

OP
Old Mike Emerson

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Thread Starter #10
Yeah I had to give it one last drive before it left the city. Sorry about that! 😃😉
When you say you bought it from the devil I expected red horns... not the stripe.
The stripe is rather curious though. What's the story behind that?
The previous owner added that, I like it, it's a different look.

roxcntrum

Old thread but it's commendable that you're taking care of him. At 62 and with your impressive history of 60+ vehicles, you're a seasoned pro at buying cars, and it's disheartening to see you going through all this hassle. The desire for that ST must be pretty strong to keep you going. I'm new to this forum, and it's great to see how helpful people are here. Oh, and speaking of car shipping, I came across A-1 Auto Transport while searching for options when I was moving to a new state. They seemed pretty reliable and might be worth checking out if you ever need car shipping again.

Last edited:

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I made the mistake of selling my Dodge Ram truck to CarMax. Would never use them to either buy or sell a vehicle!

Old thread but wow, what a wild ride you've been on with CarMax! I can't believe they "misplaced" your car! That's definitely frustrating and quite the adventure. But hey, at least they refunded the delivery charge, right? Small consolation, I know. I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you faced with transportation and scheduling, especially with your dad's situation. !
Just so you know, I wouldn't expect a response - I believe Mike passed away several months ago (according to one of his friends).