Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Carmax offered for $18,800 for my 2019 with 32,000 miles, I don't know if I can resist.

I bought my fiesta for 17k new in 2019. I don't know if I can pass up this offer. I have a beater work truck I love. A 2003 f-150 with 150k. I would drive that until the market cools down.

what you all think?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I bought my fiesta for 17k new in 2019. I don't know if I can pass up this offer. I have a beater work truck I love. A 2003 f-150 with 150k. I would drive that until the market cools down.

what you all think?
I'd be keeping it* I have always been told...Dont sell your favorite Vehicles if someone else wants you too or if you aren't sure. You know when your ready to sell....its like being in love. You just know when it's time.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Indy_Fest
Thread Starter #3
unfortunately, as I get older the fiesta ST is not ideal for me. Not comfortable enough on the highway for me, and I am getting bullied by massive trucks. Was planning to upgrade.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
unfortunately, as I get older the fiesta ST is not ideal for me. Not comfortable enough on the highway for me, and I am getting bullied by massive trucks. Was planning to upgrade.
I think you just answered your own question. LOL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
Indy_Fest
Thread Starter #5
I think you just answered your own question. LOL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
yeah, I am just unsure about holding out longer. If the price will go up or down. I am sort of in a rush because the carmax quote is only good for 7 days. I only did it because I was curious, I wasn't that serious about selling the car. I was just kind of shocked they were going to offer that much money.

Looking at the market, there really is nothing that competes with the fiesta st for anywhere near 20k. Making me think the price will remain healthy for a while still. I'm not sure. That's why I made the post.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Unless you're going to buy a brand new vehicle or hold off until the market (if the market?) chills out then there isn't much benefit of selling high to just buy high again.

If you can drive the work truck for a while or are going to buy a brand new car almost immediately (price increases will be coming soon) then it makes sense financially.

You could always replace the fiesta suspension for ~1k and make it more comfortable. Doesn't help the trucks on I-65 bullying you though

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Unless the market drastically changes, there will never be another car in America like the Fiesta ST. Currently there are the Toyota/Subaru twins, the VW GTI, and theVeloster N. And they are all more like the Focus ST was. So unless your future plan would be a Tesla 3 or something...or a Bronco. But in the price range of the Fiesta, there's the Maverick.

Magnetic

I've been wanting a new daily driver and I'm having a hard time because the FiST is so fun and has so much performance there's not much that can step up to the plate. The simple mods I've done have taken this car to ANOTHER LEVEL. The grip is INSANE and the power is plentiful. Now i'm looking for something comfortable with plans to keep the FiST. Actually just the other day a 911 Carrera tried to run from me on an on ramp and there was nothing he could do to get away aside from the straight after the ramp. And even then he couldn't get far.

I can only imagine what the other drivers thought when they saw my Fiesta running down that Porsche. LoL I was so on him that I caught him and was right on his butt! He didnt even slow down after to say hi. I know it was because he was probably scared $hitless after having (Probably for the 1st time) a non-Supercar just eat him alive! hahahaha

Fiestig

Carvana might provide a higher offer than carmax. I on the other hand have learned my lesson over the course of many years and mistakes (Finally) as @TyphoonFiST mentioned to not sell cars that make you happy and you love... Although.... I do have 2 FiSTs.. sooooooo.. Nah... Can't do it..lol.

Now if you do have another car/truck you enjoy in any way, you absolutely cannot beat the market right now

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I've had my car now for over 7yrs. I have too much fun and money invested to sell it. What other car is there that can compare? So why would I sell even if I were to make money on it?
Some folks care more about the $ than anything else, but they usually aren't the ones that ever bother making forum accounts lol

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Unless the market drastically changes, there will never be another car in America like the Fiesta ST. Currently there are the Toyota/Subaru twins, the VW GTI, and theVeloster N. And they are all more like the Focus ST was. So unless your future plan would be a Tesla 3 or something...or a Bronco. But in the price range of the Fiesta, there's the Maverick.
Ford achieved more than they were anticipating with the FiST. Then they dropped it due to lack of interest. With all the 100,000 mile+ FiSTs we're starting to see, it looks like they last, too.
I know I sound like a broken record, but there's nothing like it for the money, and there won't be for the foreseeable future. I'll drive it as long as my left leg still works.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
To the OP if you really do not like it or feel the desire to upgrade and can get what you really want then just do it. If you are asking here for our approval I think you will find a resounding donā€™t :LOL:.

I would not sell my FiST and I too can get way more than I paid for it even with 20k on it . I would not sell it though I just like it too much.

From a financial advice perspective itā€™s too soon for these cars to fall into the collectable category so what we are saying is a product of the supply constraint issue and if you are inclined to do that do it now as that will change.
Holding out you might lose the chance. That is up to you and like I said before I would not do it.
Though I have to wonder if there is a bit of doubt in the back of your head doubting your feelings, as why would you be asking here otherwise?

Last edited:
OP
Indy_Fest
Thread Starter #17
@1.6 Damn, Carvana only offered me 18,100 for the same mileage. You st2/3? I only have a base

Imagine when these become classics and it becomes super rare...
I am honestly sort of afraid of that. Fiestas were going for that much on the used market prior to covid. Although, I would hate to sell the miata and see that they are selling for big money in 2 years. They car is special enough. Still have GTIs and velosters though.

I've had my car now for over 7yrs. I have too much fun and money invested to sell it. What other car is there that can compare? So why would I sell even if I were to make money on it?
there are cars that compare, but I do think the fiesta is special. However, we still have miatas. I hate to say it, but I would take a new miata over a fiesta st.

Unless you're going to buy a brand new vehicle or hold off until the market (if the market?) chills out then there isn't much benefit of selling high to just buy high again.

If you can drive the work truck for a while or are going to buy a brand new car almost immediately (price increases will be coming soon) then it makes sense financially.

You could always replace the fiesta suspension for ~1k and make it more comfortable. Doesn't help the trucks on I-65 bullying you though
I-65 trucks are hell, and it's hell going up to chicago on 80/88. Felt like i was going to be crushed like a tin can more than once.
Another big reason I am motivated to sell is I am thinking over moving to northern Wisconsin, where there is a ton of snowfall.

@1.6 Damn, Carvana only offered me 18,100 for the same mileage. You st2/3? I only have a base
Yup fully loaded except for the recaros. Navigation-Moonroof-Black wheels-Kona Blue

I found a set not too long after getting the car but the quote from carvana is without recaros selected in the menu. My plan is to put the stock seats back and sell the recaros
separately If I ever do decide on getting rid of the car.

Now Im kinda curious to get a quote with the recaro option selected...

Also I think carvana offers different amounts depending on location.

Carvana offered me 19k for my 2015 with 46k miles. I am located in CA though. Although that sounds nice, I just like the Fiesta ST too much to let go at this point.

I know some people might call me dumb for not selling it to carvana at these inflated prices, but at the end of the day, I can care less about the money I'd make from it.

Magnetic

I am honestly sort of afraid of that. Fiestas were going for that much on the used market prior to covid. Although, I would hate to sell the miata and see that they are selling for big money in 2 years. They car is special enough. Still have GTIs and velosters though.

The way I see it is the era of fossil fuel vehicles are coming to an end and cars like the Fiesta ST are already dwindling down. I'm sure there will be an electric alternative but having the last generation of such a fantastic car is so worth it. I will be handing it down to my daughter as a family heirloom. I'm sure it'll be in the Ford SHOGUN territory years from now. Plus we may not be able to find them in such great shape. Just some food for thought.