Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Catted Downpipe? Any suggestions?

airjor13

2000 Post Club
I was told by Joe I wouldnt as long as the anti fouler (i thinks its called) is installed. He sent me some type of 3inch bolt of some sort attached to the rear o2 hole.
If im gonna get a cel from this dp im not gonna use it.
You won't get the CEL with the de-fouler but I am still hesitant to use it because COBB says the post car O2 dictates up to 20% of fueling correction, which may be true or false but I wouldn't know any better.

With the catted DP, if you are running without a de-fouler, you might still get a CEL for post cat O2 efficiency check, but I think running a de-fouler on top of a Catted DP is over-kill!

Best bet, have a tune that disables the post cat O2 check entirely man [dictate]

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Rod did you get a cel from the catted DP?
Yes Mine popped a P0420 code Not a big deal and it only came in twice in the first week or so I have had it. NOT seen it since and I could just delete it from alarming in the ATR software I have but I kinda like knowing whats going on .. If you run a NON catted DP you will need the Antifouler or you will pop a code more than likely...

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
So your cell went away on its own? I just dont want to depend on a tune for it to dissapear thats one of the reason s why I spent more money on a catted DP.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
So your cell went away on its own? I just dont want to depend on a tune for it to dissapear thats one of the reason s why I spent more money on a catted DP.
I had to clear it with my GoPoint BT app that I use but the AP would work just as well... Could have been some antiseize on the porbe too that I might have brushed against it during the install that was the first week or so and I have been to the track since with NO issues of any sort regarding the CEL.. now if we could find the code to make that stupid TPMS alarm go away that would be progress ... LOL

OP
tim0thy1
Thread Starter #25
Thanks for all the help everyone! Yeah, I got an OBD code P0420 too... http://www.obd-codes.com/p0420
Looks like it should be a pretty easy fix. For now, I'm just going to see if I can get 2J Racing to send me a defouler. Probably going to hold off getting the car dyno tuned until I buy a COBB Tuner, so I can have the shop write a few custom tunes onto the COBB.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
Thanks for all the help everyone! Yeah, I got an OBD code P0420 too... http://www.obd-codes.com/p0420
Looks like it should be a pretty easy fix. For now, I'm just going to see if I can get 2J Racing to send me a defouler. Probably going to hold off getting the car dyno tuned until I buy a COBB Tuner, so I can have the shop write a few custom tunes onto the COBB.
You have the race or street DP?

OP
tim0thy1
Thread Starter #28
Having a little trouble finding someone who carries the O2 sensor defoulers. Anyone know where I might find 'em?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
OP
tim0thy1
Thread Starter #30
Pretty sure the 1" one is what I need. Wow they're expensive! Thanks!

OP
tim0thy1
Thread Starter #32
Installed my O2 defouler from Corsport today (http://www.corsportusa.com/store/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=19652). The defouler went on really easy but I'm still getting a CEL. After installing the defouler, I disconnected the battery for about 40 minutes, reconnected the battery, ran the car for about 10 minutes, then shut it off and restarted the car. Am I missing something? How do you reset the ECU?

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Think you need a OBDll reader to be able to reset cel or mil codes . If you have a AP there is a option to read and clear codes in the AP. Or a auto store type place shod read and reset the code for free.. Think I have used Autozone and the like.

OP
tim0thy1
Thread Starter #34
Thanks. Yes, I do have an OBD2 reader and I could cancel the CEL, but I kinda' wanted the ECU to cancel the CEL on it's own... That way I know everything is running the way it should.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Hmmmm I guess you could wait and see if it cycles enough to clear it. I don't have that kinda patients ..lol

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
You can buy a cheap code read, reset tool, I have carried one for years in my modified cars;)

If you have an AP use it of course!

I have a pro level reader as well now, does a bit more like spell out what the codes are and much deeper into looking at them.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Thanks. Yes, I do have an OBD2 reader and I could cancel the CEL, but I kinda' wanted the ECU to cancel the CEL on it's own... That way I know everything is running the way it should.
The code is now logged, even though it is no longer active you will need to clear it otherwise the CEL will remain, I think.

OP
tim0thy1
Thread Starter #39
Thanks everyone! I just erased the code. No more CEL... I hope I don't regret that. LOL!

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
This is the reason I havnt installed my catted DP yet and probably wont for a while. I dont want any problems with my dealer if something goes wrong with my engine and yhe blame it on the dp. I may just sell it and just still to intake and catback for now.