Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Charge air temps

Mk7 st

I have a 2017 ford fiesta st and my charge temps have rise when im at a complete stop or in traffic it has gone up to 127f and the day is not too bad usually at around 80-90 degrees outside but not sure why i have a mishimoto intercooler, igen short ram intake, and stock radiator but just got it recently and i dont remember my car overheating when everything was stock with no off the shelf tune but after I installed the off the shelf tune it started happening so still trying to figure out what to do should I get a different tune, a aftermarket radiator, thermostat, or put the stock intake system? If anyone knows something please let me know

Business6

An intercooler only functions with air pressure. A larger intercooler may take longer to reach higher temperatures at a stop than the stock intercooler but it's still a giant hunk of metal that needs airflow.

Also, might want to clarify the details here as you're saying you overheated but you're only talking about the intercooler and not coolant temps. 127f charge temp is not remotely concerning at a stop.

Yep - If you don't have air moving through your IC, it's not going to cool anything. I've seen 120's in the summer heat in traffic and I have a Whoosh V3, so I wouldn't be terribly concerned. Do they drop to just above ambient while driving?