Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Check engine light (Little Wrench) Help is appreciated!!

So, I was driving today and the little yellow Wrench came up!! I have Cobb Stage 1 93 octane tune VER 500. I did not have the Accessport connected so I wont know what it is until I get home. Could someone give me some advise about what to expect and what should I do until I get home tonight. My first thought was to upgrade to version 501 of the tune since it just came out, but would appreciate any advise on how to proceed. I am a newbie in the world of tuning. I had the tune for almost a month and a half without any issues. Also, should I disconnect the OBD wire from the connector in the car when I do not have the accessport connected? The car seemed to be running its normal self with no issues.

Thank you in advance.

codestp202

How many miles on the car? Typically that light comes on from 8k-11k depending on how you drive it. You can leave the OBD wire connected that's not a problem. The wrench is usually the oil service indicator. If you're worried you can take a ford myhealth scan and it will send it to your email. To remove it there are directions online. My light is currently on for oil service light but to remove it on tuned cars, you need to set your tune back to stock on the car, do the steps to make it go away, then put your tune back on.

Flaco

2000 Post Club
Recently my oil service light came on (10,400 miles) . I've read here on the forums people can't get ride of the light if the car is tuned. But I decided to give it a try and followed the instructions in the owners manual and on Ford.com, I did disconnect the Accessport but didn't flash back to stock tune. hum... ?

Last edited:
OP
L
Thread Starter #5
Gotcha. Car has 10,000 miles.I did the oil service before i loaded the tune about a month ago. Thank you for the valuable feedback CodeSTP.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Sync has a message center.
Earlier years have a Technical Service Bulletin about reflashing the firmware to remedy a problem with being unable to reset the oil life indicator.

OP
L
Thread Starter #7
Did the procedure to reset the oil from the Owners.ford. Took care of it. So far, so good. :) thank everyone here. BTW, I guess in our cars, if you dont have sync connect, you cant run a health report??

I had the infernal wrench light indicator come on @ 12k ... but mine was boost related ( P1301 error code ), the car instantly went into limp mode and no amount of stop/starting would resolve it. Had to take her into ford for a reset.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Stockety-stock or what changes have been made, including programming? Boost Calibration High.. does that mean potential blow-off valve (BOV) or related sensor issue ?

Stockety-stock or what changes have been made, including programming? Boost Calibration High.. does that mean potential blow-off valve (BOV) or related sensor issue ?
The Fiesta was running bone stock albeit the ST200 CAI.

It was a boost correlation issue apparently, as such Ford has replaced a sensor (although they didn't mention which one) ... but the second time the car went in for a limp mode reset - all they performed was another ecu reset, service and updated the pcm/ecu software ( to cover the recent recall ).

JasonHaven

Mine came on after getting my car back from an oil change/general check up. Figured they forgot to reset the light. Did the reset procedure, and then it still came back. Unpaired the Accessport, reset the light, and it still came back on. No OBD codes, so that's fantastic. I ran a Vehicle Health Report, and it just gave me the generic:

"Powertrain Fault: Illuminates when an electric throttle control, transmission, all-wheel drive, four-wheel drive or fuel system fault has been detected. Contact an authorized dealer as soon as possible."

So, back to the mechanic it goes tomorrow.

Separately, I discovered in my 'alerts' in my system, they turned 'sport mode' on a couple hours after shop hours last week. So I guess they had some fun with the car too, heh.

Edit: tried to delete this post, as the other thread is more relevant, but it won't let me