Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Chester County, PA - my 50th car is a '16 Fiesta ST

Okay, I've lost count over the years, but that's about right -- 50 cars.

My garage is officially odd: 2015 Alfa Romeo 4C; 2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD; 2016 Fiesta ST

Other notable cars for gearheads that I had fairly recently: '15 GTI DSG, '04 Celica GTS 6MT, '08 M3 6MT, Audi S3 DSG, '88 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z 5MT; Porsche 997 GT3

I am very active on the Alfa Romeo 4C boards as Philster. I still mod my cars, but only light performance mods nowadays, as I am more interested in bullet-proofing mods (catch cans, better hoses, addressing various weaknesses, etc)

Exhaust, extreme summer tires and modest spacers are queuing up as first improvements.

Thanks for having me. My 4C is about 250-350 pounds (135kg) lighter than the ST! (Seems I should be saying "FiST) :oops:

Attachments

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Welcome from another owner of a '16 Kona Blue. A '16 is a good year to have because it has the newer screen version, Sync 3, and it has the newer cylinder head that avoids the recall for a leak on some of the earlier versions.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome! Love the Kona blue. It was only available in '16.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Welcome and congrats from about an hour and a half northeast of where you are.
There are a bunch of members on here close by to your locale.
(My son used to work in the Lionville Giant back when he lived in Downingtown.)

I always liked the whole concept of the 4Cs. [thumb][driving]

OP
Filandro
Thread Starter #7
The 4C would suck balls with a true manual.

You cannot shift fast enough 1-2 and 2-3 just flicking your fingers -- the redline is here NOW! -- and the sheer violence of all upshifts and relentless 22 lbs boost would be gone as soon as the clutch pedal is pressed. No way a manual belongs in a 4C, and the most diehard Alfisti, who even have old cars you pump the fuel pressure by hand, don't want a manual in a 4C.

No, we break down nonsensical dogma such as 'it needs a manual.' I have serious credibility, and it would be much less a thrill with a manual. Opposite that, I'd not own a FiST were it an automated, dual-clutch trans, as it would then suck balls.

This ain't my first rodeo. 1.5 million miles of driving and high-performance boating. From 502 cubic inch, 8.2L monsters down to 1.6L turbo 4's, and I have been on car forums (called bulletin boards back in the day) since BEFORE there was an internet.

Last edited:

haste

1000 Post Club
My brother has a 4C. I drove it once on the blue ridge parkway, dipped a wheel off the edge of the road, promptly pulled into the next outlook and swapped back. He did comment how smooth the FiST drove. :p

Welcome to the addiction. The FiST is unlike anything out there...

OP
Filandro
Thread Starter #10
Welcome and congrats from about an hour and a half northeast of where you are.
There are a bunch of members on here close by to your locale.
(My son used to work in the Lionville Giant back when he lived in Downingtown.)

I always liked the whole concept of the 4Cs. [thumb][driving]
Good to know! Good roads in Chester County!

OP
Filandro
Thread Starter #11
I believe it. Just being a FiST freak. Not a manual purist.
Understood, and I am being the 4C fanatic who will defend it. :)

Over on the 4C forum, I told them about my search for a FiST, and they get it. My OP was "I got an itch that needs scratchin': I need to row my own gears (and I still feel the 4C is best with the automated manual). I'm thinking of a Fiesta ST or similar"

They 100% got it, and of course also suggested the Fiat Abarth 500. But extremely enthusiastic for the ST.

OP
Filandro
Thread Starter #12
My brother has a 4C. I drove it once on the blue ridge parkway, dipped a wheel off the edge of the road, promptly pulled into the next outlook and swapped back. He did comment how smooth the FiST drove. :p

Welcome to the addiction. The FiST is unlike anything out there...
Drove the BR Parkway in my S3. Ducking off to head down to the valleys was thrilling driving. Just wow. On the actual BR parkway, it was about the scenery and overlook opportunities (good hikes too).

Dipped a 4C wheel off the edge? Yeah, don't do that!

haste

1000 Post Club
Drove the BR Parkway in my S3. Ducking off to head down to the valleys was thrilling driving. Just wow. On the actual BR parkway, it was about the scenery and overlook opportunities (good hikes too).

Dipped a 4C wheel off the edge? Yeah, don't do that!
Yeah, heard a loud scraping noise and I worried I damaged something. Luckily, my bro is a cool dude and didn't even bat an eye. He never even said anything about it....

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Filandro, welcome and nice group of vehicles. As a former Road Test Editor for Motor Trend magazine I can say that even with my many years of testing, driving and racing cars that the FiST is special vehicle. I love my FiST! Although I do miss my Evos. The VIIIs and IXs were the best of the breed, at least the ones that we got here. Love Alfas and would love to own a 4C. Like I said you have a nice group of vehicles.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
They 100% got it, and of course also suggested the Fiat Abarth 500. But extremely enthusiastic for the ST.
Good choice.
The Abarth is a very fun little car, but it's a Fiat/Chrysler. Not famous for reliability.
The FiST is a rally-bred chassis with an engine/drivetrain that has proven to be reliable all over the world in much bigger vehicles.
Don't get me started on the aftermarket.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI0aPrdP0d0

Last edited:

Sam4

Good choice.
The Abarth is a very fun little car, but it's a Fiat/Chrysler. Not famous for reliability.
The FiST is a rally-bred chassis with an engine/drivetrain that has proven to be reliable all over the world in much bigger vehicles.
Don't get me started on the aftermarket.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI0aPrdP0d0
Starting with a "but...", I love this car - not a big stable, but lots of fun over the years from 77 B210 - 80 Fiesta - 95SHO - 99 ContourSVT - 08MZspeed3 - 2015ST. But I CANNOT let any of us say 'ST and reliability' in the same sentence.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Welcome. Don't worry about reliability.. I also have a 2016 with 73k miles - tuned for 72k of them. Zero issues other than blend door replaced twice under warranty. Only car that gave me less issues was Volvo 850R

Beautiful color combo you found

Sam4

Prolly thinks it's the passenger's teeth chattering!!!! I love this car or I wouldn't bother...I'd go get a Kia or something and learn how to delete the dealer stickers from the owners blog site!

Another Kona in the area. Welcome! I live in Exton (close to Marchwood), if you're familiar.

I venture that you bought this at CarShop in Chester Springs? I saw it listed recently. Enjoy the new addition to the stable.