Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Choosing the Right Tire

Chuckable

Saw this posted on Motoiq.com this morning, and found it quite useful on how to choose the right size tire: http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArtic...LY-select-and-size-TIRES-for-PERFORMANCE.aspx

Hopefully it'll be of use to some of you as well!

To sum it up, the author recommends choosing your tires before choosing your wheels so that you purchase wheels which are the same width as your tires or up to 0.5 inches narrower than your tires.

I read this last night. From my searching on tire track, the stock tires are not sized properly to the rim. You want the tread patch to be the the same or .5 narrower. The stock tread width is 7.6. So these would be good for a 8 or 7.5 wide rim. If you have stock rims the best set up would be a 7 or 6.5 tread width tire. Most 205/45/17 tires are going to have a 7 tread width, but now you change the circumference of the tire. I want to buy the potenza RE-71R's, but they might be too big (causing problems with abs, gear ratios and so on). The direzza star spec 215/40/17 are out the question for the stock rims after this article, they have a tread width of 8. So I'm kind of stuck now.