Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Climate control not switching vents after replacing battery

Last week I replaced the battery and now the climate control only blows out of the windshield defroster and the footwell vents, but not the instrument panel despite pressing the buttons to switch the airflow.

The A/C still blows cold when turned on, and the blend door actuator hasn't sung the song of it's people since I replaced it over the summer so I'm not sure what the issue is.

I had to reset the driver's window auto-up feature after installing the battery, so do I have to reset something with the climate control to get the vents to work again?

the duke

I had my battery fully die/discharge and it was as simple as replacing with a new one. I didn't have to reset any window features or lose any functionality.

What year is the car?

the duke

Can you interface with the ODBII port/CANBUS? FORSCAN might be able to cycle or reset the climate system.

OP
our guile
Thread Starter #5
I don't have an OBDII scanner but that's a really good idea. I might get one to do so. Does AutoZone/Pepboys/etc lend those out?

I've got this exact same issue. Battery replaced, I had to reset the window auto down and now the car restarts on fresh every time whereas it always remembered the previous setting. I've had this issue once before over my 10 years of ownership but it got itself sorted again somehow.