Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Close call. Need better lighting

TemecFist

No problem. I'll take some pics of it this weekend. I showed a couple pics, you can see the light bar in my garage, its actually attached to the garage using the magnets, and then I have a quick disconnect by the ST badge. I pieced the whole ensemble together myself, it wasnt a kit from a company. It was pretty east actually. I'll take some pics this weekend when I get back home, and post it all up for you guys. I think it looks hideous when it's on, but it is very effective.

Attachments

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
[twothumb]^^^I really like this because;

1) It does not block the air to the coolers at all!

2) I do not have to cut holes into the hood for a bar, or rally 'pods' for round lights, nor into the crash bar/etc. for a more permanent solution when the only time I will truly need this is if the ARA brings back more night stages on their rallies.

TemecFist

[twothumb]^^^I really like this because;

1) It does not block the air to the coolers at all!

2) I do not have to cut holes into the hood for a bar, or rally 'pods' for round lights, nor into the crash bar/etc. for a more permanent solution when the only time I will truly need this is if the ARA brings back more night stages on their rallies.
It's also 100% completely removable when you dont want/need it.

I also had a close call with a deer, too close in fact, and that's why I'm on my second Fiesta. I upgraded my halogens to the sylvania ultras, but don't see much difference. The LED conversion doesn't seem a good idea in reflector units, BUT... you've given me an idea.

WHAT BOUT PUTTING LED's IN THE FOG LIGHT UNITS? I don't need the brightness unless I'm on the highway at night.

Would that work? Talking about the Sylvania Zevo 11's above made me think about it.

I also had a close call with a deer, too close in fact, and that's why I'm on my second Fiesta. I upgraded my halogens to the sylvania ultras, but don't see much difference. The LED conversion doesn't seem a good idea in reflector units, BUT... you've given me an idea.

WHAT BOUT PUTTING LED's IN THE FOG LIGHT UNITS? I don't need the brightness unless I'm on the highway at night.

Would that work? Talking about the Sylvania Zevo 11's above made me think about it.
I wouldn't bother putting LEDs in the factory fog housings; like the low/high beam housings, they're junk (though they do have glass on the front, which is surprising). Unless you're really trying to do this on the cheap, go for a quality aftermarket fog light. I just put Diode Dynamics' 3" yellow fogs in mine, and they're fantastic (Whoosh sells them, in a couple of different configurations).

I've had the Techmax gen2's in my low beams for a while now; now that I've gotten more used to them, I'd agree they don't really do a ton for visibility at night. They are "safe" and provide a bit more even spread of light in the beam pattern, but they're still working with the stock reflectors, which are junk. I live in a major metro area, though, so I've not felt a need to go for something like a projector conversion just yet.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
A light bar?!! LMAOOO nah man.

I finally got the DEPO euro replicas and slapped LEDs in them. I'm running one of them with a broken adjuster so I've aimed them both lower then they're supposed to be to avoid blinding people with the broken alignment (replacement en route). That being said, I'm still getting way more usable light with an improperly aligned projector than i was with the HID in the OEM reflector.