Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch issue (Help me Please)

Ok here is what is going on. Car has 6K miles on it.
Took the car out for a drive and when i got out i happened to notice Something on the floor behind the clutch pedal. It looked like a few table spoons of clear grease (Vaseline consistency). I wiped it up but could not figure out where it was coming from. This was not a drip it was a good handfull of thick clear grease.
Fast forward the next day, took the car out for a drive and the clutch pedal seemed odd. Often when you step on it, it returns much slower. Even with the car parked and not running if you side step the clutch the pedal rises slowly.

I took it by the dealer and they thought the clutch was fine - it is not.

Anyone know if ford uses some sort of viscus fluid filled "spring" as part of the pedel return?

any one have any thoughts?

Perry

Not my area of expertise, I'm afraid, but I certainly hope that someone, either here or elsewhere, can help you out. Do you have any other information to share that may be pertinent? Difficulties engaging gears? Sounds or tactile sensations that are new/different?

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Have you checked the fluid levels in the master cylinder?

XuperXero

Sounds like clutch fluid. And since you mentioned clutch pedal rising slowly. You most likely have a leak and there's air in the clutch lines right now. Most likely along the lines of the firewall behind the dash which is why you probably can't see the source of the leak.

If you have a mechanic friend, have him source the leak first and then take it back to dealership and point out where it is then proceed to raise hell with them for endangering your life.

Speaking of Clutch problems. I have about 6500 miles and am starting to notice a clicking noise when I push the clutch pedal in and out and also when it is down all the way. Kinda like it is hanging up in the master cylinder. It might be me but I also notice the clutch getting much quicker in engagement or kinda grabby. Will take car in soon. It is more noticeable when warm than cold.

stuntdoogie

2000 Post Club
I hear and feel a clicking/squeaking in my clutch 4900mi on mine. Im afraid to have my dealer check and open a can of worms. Ford is notorious for that ive been hearing.

Same here...push down, click, change gear, click, release pedal, click...1st to 2nd and sometimes 3rd too. Most often happens when I have very few revs like pootling around a parking lot or lazily down the neighborhood. Really annoying. Started about 3K miles now I'm at 12200 and it's just the same.

pwnall1337

Vendor
I see this post is kinda old, I'm not sure if you got the help you were looking for but I've seen this problem before.

I believe the grease was from the clutch pedal assist assembly, but I don't remember for sure. I'd say 5-8 people had this problem.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I reported this problem also. I took it to the dealership and they said it was electric and it's suppose to make that sound. I found that hard to believe.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I just don't understand that. I've had plenty of manual cars and none of them made this clicking. It's really annoying.

I reported this problem also. I took it to the dealership and they said it was electric and it's suppose to make that sound. I found that hard to believe.
I see Brittany's already escalated this to your CSM. Let me know if you'd like me to check in on the case.

I have the same problem and I got the same answer...
If you'd like me to loop in your customer service managers, please let me know. I'll need a private message with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location. :)

Meagan

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Yes, she did but could you check on the case please. She said I might be receiving a phone call from somebody. I might have missed it.

This is my ONLY problem I have with the car. Other than this, it's perfect in my eyes. I would greatly appreciate it if Ford could do something about it. I just don't see how "it's suppose to do that," answers any problems. I'm not a mechanic by any means but I don't think it is suppose to do that.

Yes, she did but could you check on the case please. She said I might be receiving a phone call from somebody. I might have missed it...
Looks like they tried 3 times last week with the number you gave Brittany. The notes show there wasn't a voicemail set up. Do you have an alternate number (or email, if that's easier) I can send to your CSM? Please PM it to me if you do.

Meagan

Keep us informed, please. I've had the same issue for a long time, now. No fluid, just the creaking. I was gonna spray some lube on the clutch pedal pivot point, just haven't gotten around to it.

Just sent you a PM. Thank you.
Just saw it. :)

Keep us informed, please. I've had the same issue for a long time, now. No fluid, just the creaking. I was gonna spray some lube on the clutch pedal pivot point, just haven't gotten around to it.
Feel free to send me your information as well :)

Meagan