Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch & LSD

in search of some advice. i am single port aux fuel with an s280, and plan on running an e blend if that helps narrow clutch choices. I am considering the mFactory and the ST200 apr clutch. thoughts?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
in search of some advice. i am single port aux fuel with an s280, and plan on running an e blend if that helps narrow clutch choices. I am considering the mFactory and the ST200 apr clutch. thoughts?
A wavtrac and a ST200 clutch is going in my car as we speak . In about three days time will be complete.
Quite a few guys ran stock clutches with Garretts with no problems the ST200 should be more than fine.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I’ve had zero issues with the MFactory over a couple of track seasons and a few thousand street miles. Solid unit. Makes a huge difference in corner exit speed. I’m still using a stock clutch with a X47 hybrid so can’t speak about the ST200. Surely it’s plenty strong but not sure what your driving intentions are.

OP
subzerospeed
Thread Starter #6
I’ve had zero issues with the MFactory over a couple of track seasons and a few thousand street miles. Solid unit. Makes a huge difference in corner exit speed. I’m still using a stock clutch with a X47 hybrid so can’t speak about the ST200. Surely it’s plenty strong but not sure what your driving intentions are.
Intentions are simply spirited driving. My supposition is that the ST200 is good insurance against slipping on e40.

Pulled trigger on ST200 and MFactory.
I just bought an mfactory I like torsen's. I doubt you'll find anything gentler and quieter, and they work. I had a custom clutch built. Very cost effective and I can get exactly what I want. I started doing this with a lancia delta, and I've been sticking with it ever since. A lot Cheaper than the st200 with cryo treatment and all the bells and whistles included.

OP
subzerospeed
Thread Starter #10
I just bought an mfactory I like torsen's. I doubt you'll find anything gentler and quieter, and they work. I had a custom clutch built. Very cost effective and I can get exactly what I want. I started doing this with a lancia delta, and I've been sticking with it ever since. A lot Cheaper than the st200 with cryo treatment and all the bells and whistles included.
I'm very much looking forward to how it handles post-install. I wish I had the hookup on clutches

I'm very much looking forward to how it handles post-install. I wish I had the hookup on clutches
I'm sure youll like it. It's probably the best bang for the buck and using the mechanical diff to manage traction and wheel spin in corners instead of hyperactive, electronic brake application does wonders for braking.....
You can get a custom clutch from all over. There are probably many places building them in your city. Many industrial drive/machine/hydraulic places can build one. Or call California clutch. The new owner is great. Have used them too. Last clutch I got form them cost me about $175 plus an OEM clutch. Including pressure plate treatment and fingers. I have mine mad elocally by a company that has done 4 clutches for me now.

They will probably already have access to the info being a commonly raced car, but all they really need is a new factory clutch or spline, diameter, install thickness, and configuration.

Last edited:
OP
subzerospeed
Thread Starter #13
Hey, I'm on an S280 and have zero traction in 1st and 2nd so I'm considering an LSD. How do you like your set up? Specifically, how is your straight line WOT traction?
Will report back in a couple weeks once installed!

Magnetic

A wavtrac and a ST200 clutch is going in my car as we speak . In about three days time will be complete.
Quite a few guys ran stock clutches with Garretts with no problems the ST200 should be more than fine.
How's it going with the WaveTrac? I'm thinking of grabbing one in a few weeks. Any weird noises? Anything you can can fill me in on would be really helpful.

TIA!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
How's it going with the WaveTrac? I'm thinking of grabbing one in a few weeks. Any weird noises? Anything you can can fill me in on would be really helpful.

TIA!
I love it, no noises , I have commented about it in my build thread. A great upgrade made the car fun all over again.

OP
subzerospeed
Thread Starter #16
For fucks sake- has anyone had issues installing the st200 clutch? Shop is saying it is sprung and it shouldnt be….wtf

CSM

1000 Post Club
Hey, I'm on an S280 and have zero traction in 1st and 2nd so I'm considering an LSD. How do you like your set up? Specifically, how is your straight line WOT traction?
If you want straight line grip, you'll get more out of wider/stickier tires than the diff. LSD upgrade shines in corners though. great upgrade if you like the turns

OP
subzerospeed
Thread Starter #19
Did you get it from ron? I know someone who order a st200 clutch and it was sprung and much bigger than the fiesta clutch size.
Yee i sure did. After some phone calls we figured out its a focus st clutch….with the exact same part numbers box and clutch. Somewhat annoying but its been remedied afaik, new clutch on the way tomorrow.

Attachments

OP
subzerospeed
Thread Starter #20
Clutch and diff are in. Feels awesome. Question though for those who have done this: does anybody have a small leak afterwards? Mine is, but the shop says it might be brake fluid. I dont understand why brake fluid would be leaking from where the tranny mounts to engine….

Attachments