Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch pedal has two positions

I'm having strange issue with my clutch pedal it has two positions that switch every couple days. One position is, the pedal is high and and there is play at the top and the car seems like it has less boost or even boost leak but the clutch doesn't seem to be slipping. The other position the pedal is low as if its sucked in its stiff and the car seems to have more boost you can feel the torque when turbo kicks in. I have cobb AP stage1 with injen intake 37525 KM. Went to the dealer they say its the clutch but I'm not convinced, the clutch doesn't slip and when the clutch pedal is down car feels very strong and solid. What else could it be except the clutch I don't want to spend money on a new clutch to find out its something else. [:(!]

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Did you buy used? Check to see if the return spring is on the pedal level.

Scent from Glade Air Freshener

OP
F
Thread Starter #3
Yes bought it used with 34000 km this started happening maybe 4 months ago first it happened when I red lined all gears one night and the clutch pedal was sucked all the way to the floor but after couple klicks it popped up to regular position.

Might be the pressure plate that does not work well. The sping might be broken. Saw this before and the clutch did not slip .

OP
F
Thread Starter #6
I guess only way to be sure is to take it apart, the car feels different depending on the position of the pedal as well if pedal is down it has more balls, so to say.

Ford Community Posts