Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch pedal return

I had some more "episodes" with this today. Clutch pedal was getting spongy while driving. Only going down about half-way, so able to get under it with my toe and it would be fine for a bit. Kept driving around through the day and then pulling into a parking space I felt it go spongy again and wanted to check it. Oil on the clutch pedal arm and pad, even enough to pool on my all weather floor mat a tiny bit. Guess the master cylinder has given up at 38K. I'm outside of the powertrain warranty by 1 month so not sure if I should push the issue with Ford.

They wouldn't cover it under warranty for me. But its pretty easy to change out yourself. As well as reverse bleeding the system. Just be on the lookout for the nipple on the bottom line. It's likely to come off and cause leaks.
Screenshot_20210322-132320_Chrome.jpg

Hey guys I had this exact thing happen shortly after I scored my used FiST. It happend twice and I took it in to Ford as it was still under warranty. They replaced the master first as it’s the quickest and easiest to get too. When I went to pick it up I put the clutch to the floor to start it and it stayed there. So when the service manager saw that he was super apologetic and said they would replace the slave next. When they cracked open the tranny they found fluid over everything. It was a line that had cracked and would only puke out periodically. They ended up replacing the master and slave cylinders as well as the lines, clutch and flywheel on there dime. The word from the tech was it was a bugger to find.
Thought I’d share my findings.