Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb AccessPort Launch-Control Question

Does anyone know if the AP has to stay plugged in for Launch Control to work? I installed a Stage 1 map the other day and then disconnected the unit and thought perhaps the LC feature was permanently flashed to the ECU, but when I tried using, the RPM's shot up to redline. I will plug the unit back in, but just thought I'd ask the forum beforehand.

Thanks

No it doesn't need to be plugged in for LC to work. You do however have to follow the steps just right or it won't work.

First and foremost make sure you're in the performance slot. Hit the res/can button and the tach will tell you which one you have loaded (performance is slot 1 - 1k rpms).

Make sure cruise control is off. The best way to do this is to mash the off button at least 5 times.

Clutch in, first gear, press and hold the cruise on button.

Floor gas pedal.

Release clutch.

Roast some tires.

OP
ChuckL
Thread Starter #3
No it doesn't need to be plugged in for LC to work. You do however have to follow the steps just right or it won't work.

First and foremost make sure you're in the performance slot. Hit the res/can button and the tach will tell you which one you have loaded (performance is slot 1 - 1k rpms).

Make sure cruise control is off. The best way to do this is to mash the off button at least 5 times.

Clutch in, first gear, press and hold the cruise on button.

Floor gas pedal.

Release clutch.

Roast some tires.
Thank you. I was doing it wrong...