Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb Accesstuner update

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Yeah, factory cat and DP.

I'm running a Stratified E30 and 91 tune so I'm not using the Cobb OTS Stage 1 and 2 tunes. I was planning flashing back to the stock tune when I go for smog later this year but just wasn't sure if there was any reason or rush to plug it in and update it.
you could wait till then though it would be easy to reflash the new AP with your stratified tunes unless you deleted them from your computer files.

SrsBsns

you could wait till then though it would be easy to reflash the new AP with your stratified tunes unless you deleted them from your computer files.
Thanks. I have the files backed up and in my email as well so I think I should be OK then.

so, question.

In the states that just do the OBD-ll check, if you just flash back to stock tune or stage 1, would that not cause it to pass?

so, question.

In the states that just do the OBD-ll check, if you just flash back to stock tune or stage 1, would that not cause it to pass?
For the OBD-II checks, where there is no "sniffer" on your tailpipe, you only need for there to be no check engine light and for all the emissions monitors to "set." Usually this means that you need to drive the car at variable speeds for a couple days to get everything to set.

It varies by location, but some will allow a pass if one or two monitors are not set. In my county, one can be not set and still pass.

Michigan couldnt care less about all that. You can run an open header if you want (other than noise).

rallytaff

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Unless they have changed the procedures, Joyzee's inspection is a once every two years OBD2 plug-in (and I am not too sure just how far they even go with that, as they used to allow 1 out of the three required 'readiness monitors' to NOT be ready and still pass, and I doubt that they check the ECM's programming for aftermarket tunes), NO tailpipe, or tailpipe on the rollers checks, and basically NO other visual checks.

They used to use mirrors and check to see if the factory catcons were there, or even what looked like factory catcons, and do that gas cap EVAP leak check with the (vacuum?) machine, but not even sure that they do those anymore either.

Pennsyltucky on the other hand has a full, MUST be done at an approved; dealer, shop, etc., vehicle inspection where they check for catcons, do an OBD2 plug-in, check wheel bearings, tire tread depth, loose steering, parking brake hold, and pull two diagonal wheels to actually MEASURE the pads and rotor thicknesses, and then 'test drive' your ride.

As far as I've ever heard this is the most draconian of any U.S. state inspections, as only the German TUV and other Euro countries could possibly have more stringent inspections
You can add the UK to Germany for strict testing. They will fail you on the MOT for a blown bulb!