Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

COBB vs Mountune for eliminating Shift Assist / Rev Hang

I'm seeing "shift assist" / "rev hang" explicitly mentioned on dizzy's website for the tune: https://dizzytuning.com/collections...-st-stage-1-flash-tune?variant=32088462426166

But not on the Stratified ST tune site: https://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=117_123&products_id=296

I'm not seeing any references to shift assist or rev hang anywhere on the MP-215 website nor in any of the reviews for the tune itself on their website. Not saying it doens't help - I just want to catalog as much information as I can in this thread to help reach a resolution.
https://www.mountuneusa.com/Fiesta-St-Mp215-Performance-Upgrade-p/2364-215-aa.htm

What we need at this point is for someone who is experiencing the issue significantly to get the Dizzy tune it seems. I would throw $50 to someone if they were willing to video the issue beforehand, grab an accessport and a dizzy tune, and then video their impressions afterwards to show the issue is gone.

@MauiRoads let me know what your research yields and how I can help. Also can you reach out to Dizzy potentially about rev hang since you already have an accessport? Can't wait to get back into an Orange Spice FiST!

I contacted Stratified and Alex says their tune can help with the rev-hang.
I see that Dizzy advertises:
  • Shift Assist or “Rev Hang” ON/OFF (default is ON, with Dizzy Tuning settings)

• Cobb Traction Control Auto-On (Default: OFF)*
  • Cobb Traction Control Mode (if enabled)*
Shift Assist OR "Rev Hang" ON/OFF sounds to me like Dizzy is saying they are the same thing, not two separate functions that you can individually control. Maybe Dizzy can clarify.

I asked Stratified about fully deactivating torque vectoring, and their tunes don't deal with that. I'll get familiar with the COBB traction control options, which sounds like it affects just the switchable on/off/modes for traction control. If so, I'll look into whether anyone offers a tune can actually deactivate torque vectoring.

Thanks for the offer on sharing the cost of a custom tune. I'll keep that in mind, because I think I will get one eventually, but I'm going to wait at least until I find out whether anyone can tune-out the torque vectoring problem. I've just put in a Wavetrac LSD, VUDU ST200-clone clutch and OEM flywheel...and I'll let that (and my bank account) "settle in" for a while. In the meantime, on 1-2 and 2-3 shifts, I now usually wait for the shift-assist to let the rpm settle, before re-engaging the clutch. When I don't wait, now I'm even more aware of the shock to the clutch and drivetrain. Don't need to wait as long on 3-4-5-6 upshifts, with the rpm difference getting smaller as you go up the gears.

I'm back to stock tune, but will reinstall the COBB stock motor 91-octane tune. I removed it after the clutch started slipping. Also, right after buying the car and installing the COBB tune, I happened to fill my tank for the first time, and experienced the post-fill-up rough idle and stalling. Bad timing, but now I understand that the tune wasn't the problem. Geez...it seems every car has its quirks. But I guess that learning about them is part of the fun, right?

OP
Thread Starter #42
In the meantime, on 1-2 and 2-3 shifts, I now usually wait for the shift-assist to let the rpm settle, before re-engaging the clutch. When I don't wait, now I'm even more aware of the shock to the clutch and drivetrain. Don't need to wait as long on 3-4-5-6 upshifts, with the rpm difference getting smaller as you go up the gears.
Yeah thanks to the ratios between 1-2-3 AND the fact that they're the most common / usable gears AND the fact that they're the gears you find yourself using most often when you're having fun - that's definitely when the issue is most pronounced IMO.

Otherwise appreciate the update and I'll keep waiting patiently here.