Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Code P0035 on accessport, running out of ideas!

Bovlub

First, my car is on a stage 3, 91 oct, Cobb ots tune. Current mods are, Whoosh fmic, injen intake, and a j2 catback exhaust. I roughly hit 23lbs consistently before now. About two weeks ago I had been taking a friend on a drive and during a pull my boost limited to 18 lbs. I did not have a check engine light but I checked for one anyway on my accessport and found code P0035, Turbo Charger Bypass Valve Control Circuit High. Immediately after I reset my ecu and experienced the same thing where I am only hitting 18 lbs it seems like my ecu is converted back to stock and only hitting stock boost. So the same night I reflashed my tune, still hit 18 lbs, completely uninstalled my accessport and retuned, still hit 18 lbs, and finally disconnected my battery for 10 minutes and tried again, car still is hitting stock boost. I can't imagine there is any leaks because stock boost is 18lbs, I have gone through countless threads and there is hardly anything related to my issue. Any info helps, thanks!

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Stock diverter valve? If so its probably stuck/dirty. Or its torn the diapraghm and is creating a boost leak. ( or the wiring for it broke) its a somewhat simple fix by going to an aftermarket setup. Or getting the GFB dv+ setup that replaces the lower portion of the factory part with much stronger components. Only other thing it could be is a loose coupler somewhere creating a leak as well.
The CEL makes me think its a sticky diverter valve seeing as you didnt list any mods relating to it

OP
Bovlub

Bovlub

Thread Starter #3
Stock diverter valve? If so its probably stuck/dirty. Or its torn the diapraghm and is creating a boost leak. ( or the wiring for it broke) its a somewhat simple fix by going to an aftermarket setup. Or getting the GFB dv+ setup that replaces the lower portion of the factory part with much stronger components. Only other thing it could be is a loose coupler somewhere creating a leak as well.
The CEL makes me think its a sticky diverter valve seeing as you didnt list any mods relating to it
I bought the car used, came with the exhaust, I did the other mods but I believe previous owner installed a boomba adapter bov, the thing sneezes every chance it gets, assuming the diverter valve is essentially the same thing. I've never popped the wheel off and really looked.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
The stock diverter is bolted onto the boomba spacer. Making it a vent to atmosphere setup. Theres a good chance that the factory part is gummed up and getting stuck.

OP
Bovlub

Bovlub

Thread Starter #5
The stock diverter is bolted onto the boomba spacer. Making it a vent to atmosphere setup. Theres a good chance that the factory part is gummed up and getting stuck.
So today I ran the bpv cycle test through my accessport, 0 to 1 back and forth, im not sure if that means its not stuck but It seems to be performing fine

I just had a p0035 today. Any resolution to this? I did similar troubleshooting. I realized the issue that occurred with the BOV started to release air near the top of the map. Ie, I can shift just fine, low boost, but if I go to the peak boost of that map where I believe the BOV will start to let out excess air this happens. I have a TurboSmart Plumb Back BOV. My guess is it is the BOV but I'm three states from home and can't quite monkey around under the hood.

Closing the loop on this. I replaced my BOV with a new one and the P0035 went away. I only had my TurboSmart BOV for eight months before it seemed to die/fail. For the price, I have to say I'm disappointed. Either way, for anyone running into a P0035 - try replacing your BOV.

Last update: this is the message received from TurboSmart Support.

"It sounds like the solenoid on your original valve had intermittent connection issues. If you'd like us to inspect the valve under warranty to confirm this then we are happy to do so."