Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P0035 code question

I have had my 2016 FiST for almost 2 years and have basically just driven it as a daily with the occasional road trip. I have a Stratified 93 tune and basically all the bolt ons and a Garrett 2560r turbo. I am consistently hitting about 25 pounds of boost and everything feels solid. About 2 months ago I got a wrench light on the dash, so I checked it and have the P0035 code. If I use my Craftsman OBD2 reader, I get the P144c (permanent) code, but no CEL is on. Any thoughts?

OP
Stevesims
Thread Starter #2
Also, would I have a diverter valve still if I have an aftermarket hybrid turbo? Sorry for the Newb question, I don't know much about diverter valves. Should I consider having a tuner remove the P0035 code from my ECU if I don't have one?

I bet the light popped from the P144C if that's EVAP like I remember. P0035 seems like it should be from your BOV and maybe not having the CEL defender? Or it's acting up? It's only a somewhat recent development where tuners can no longer disable the P0035 code from popping the CEL via tune and you need the hardware fix. It still stores the code though so even if disabled in the tune so you might be all good on that front. If your tune is old enough (sounds like it) I bet the light just popped from the EVAP line needing to be fixed / replaced. Mine's in the process of going bad and if it detects enough of an abnormality from the EVAP not working correctly it'll throw the light. If it goes away on it's own within the next few ignition cycles I'd strongly assume that's where it came from.

OP
Stevesims
Thread Starter #4
I bet the light popped from the P144C if that's EVAP like I remember. P0035 seems like it should be from your BOV and maybe not having the CEL defender? Or it's acting up? It's only a somewhat recent development where tuners can no longer disable the P0035 code from popping the CEL via tune and you need the hardware fix. It still stores the code though so even if disabled in the tune so you might be all good on that front. If your tune is old enough (sounds like it) I bet the light just popped from the EVAP line needing to be fixed / replaced. Mine's in the process of going bad and if it detects enough of an abnormality from the EVAP not working correctly it'll throw the light. If it goes away on it's own within the next few ignition cycles I'd strongly assume that's where it came from.
Thanks for the reply and advice. I took off my BOV yesterday a nd cleaned it according to Turbosmart's site care instructions. It didn't fix the issue. Do you know where the CEL Defeater plugs in? I'm wondering if I have one and it went bad. I also replaced the emissions hard line with the 2015 harness per suggestions on this forum. Still no luck.