Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Code# P04DB crankcase ventilation sys. Disconected

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I'm wondering if some sort of "restrictor" in the PCV hose wouldn't clear this up. It might be moving air back and forth so freely that it thinks the hose isn't attached.
I remember with one of my old VW's that an intake would trigger a CEL, so the fix was to add a "donut" inside the intake tube to restrict flow just enough to prevent the CEL. I wonder if it's the same deal here.

OP
A
Thread Starter #23
I'm wondering if some sort of "restrictor" in the PCV hose wouldn't clear this up. It might be moving air back and forth so freely that it thinks the hose isn't attached.
I remember with one of my old VW's that an intake would trigger a CEL, so the fix was to add a "donut" inside the intake tube to restrict flow just enough to prevent the CEL. I wonder if it's the same deal here.
Ok,
I will try that
thanx

OP
A
Thread Starter #25
Don't forge ahead too crazy, maybe you can try calling 2J racing first. I called them but didn't get a call back - if you get a response, can you post back here?
The number on their site is (770) 888-0070
I have call them but had no luck getting a hold of somebody
They are probably too busy

Yea I have this code as well with the 2j been running for almost 7 months now, no problems as of yet but will probably just double check next time I mess with stuff under the hood, or like reconnect lines and make sure they're all secure again

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Revitalizing this thread. I have had this error on and off since getting the 2J Cowl intake a long time ago. Usually it stores but I have noticed I can actually get the CEL to jump on if I do a lot of on and off the throttle (while ripping through corners). Typically if I just go WOT/FFS every now and then I do not get the CEL and I do not see the code stored. But, if I go WOT/zero throttle/WOT/ZT a few times my CEL fires right up. Does anyone else see this? It does not appear to hurt anything, but I dislike having to reset to get the CEL to go away.