Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Contestant #3 enters the radiator scene

Trader history for Business6 (3)

Thinking about pulling the trigger, what do you reckon "Some minor aluminum tab manipulation may be required" means? Using pliers?

EDIT: Pulled the trigger, Nothing but good experiences from previous Whoosh products, also ~$350 for an upgraded radiator is too tempting to pass up.

Last edited:
Thinking about pulling the trigger, what do you reckon "Some minor aluminum tab manipulation may be required" means? Using pliers?

EDIT: Pulled the trigger, Nothing but good experiences from previous Whoosh products, also ~$350 for an upgraded radiator is too tempting to pass up.
Any chance you could do a weight and capacity comparison to stock when you get it? I'm assuming it would be heavier than stock (and legal for STH autocross classes), but it would be nice to know for sure.

Any chance you could do a weight and capacity comparison to stock when you get it? I'm assuming it would be heavier than stock (and legal for STH autocross classes), but it would be nice to know for sure.
I'll put it on a bathroom scale when I get it if no one else gets it first.

how would a series even enforce this unless it's an obviously half size radiator? It's not like they're going to take it out and then also have a stock one on hand to compare to.

how would a series even enforce this unless it's an obviously half size radiator? It's not like they're going to take it out and then also have a stock one on hand to compare to.
Sore losers can protest cars for alleged class violations for even the most mundane things. I really doubt a radiator would be helpful- I think if anything, it would make the car even more nose heavy. I'd like to enter some time trials where overheating could be a thing, but want the car to stay autocross legal because I tend to do more of that.

SrsBsns

I noticed that it's a double pass instead of the triple like the Mountune, but that's a killer price and looks like it would install just as easily as the Mountune.

Just bought it! Hopefully it arrives soon as this is my daily lol ! as soon as I get it I’ll let you all know how well it performs and install procedure. My car is stock and currently has been getting up to 220+ degrees (no AC to avoid overheating) this summer in SoCal even as I baby it. Probably guna be running more distilled water too

Just bought it! Hopefully it arrives soon as this is my daily lol ! as soon as I get it I’ll let you all know how well it performs and install procedure. My car is stock and currently has been getting up to 220+ degrees (no AC to avoid overheating) this summer in SoCal even as I baby it. Probably guna be running more distilled water too
Sheesh 😬

I’m on a Mountune and Most the time I’m at 197. Hammering it up some canyon roads a few weekends ago I saw 208 but it was only about 80 out. But I’ve sat idling in 100 degrees for 30+ mins and it never went over 200. You should be good with this bad boy and be able to use your AC with no fear.

Id suggest some water wetter in addition to a mixture with distilled water. Good ol socal we don’t need freezing protection.

TTst

Sheesh 😬

I’m on a Mountune and Most the time I’m at 197. Hammering it up some canyon roads a few weekends ago I saw 208 but it was only about 80 out. But I’ve sat idling in 100 degrees for 30+ mins and it never went over 200. You should be good with this bad boy and be able to use your AC with no fear.

Id suggest some water wetter in addition to a mixture with distilled water. Good ol socal we don’t need freezing protection.

Yeah, I’ll definitely be adding more distilled water and some water wetter. I actually ordered the mountune in beginning of July but they are still in production. I had to protect my car and couldn’t wait so I had to jump on this!

SrsBsns

Yeah, before I did mine, I would see 220+ in stop and go traffic fairly often. Mountain roads were out, I didn't even try to drive them. The new rad has solved all of those issues.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Looks like a copy of the first mountune radiator with a different core. Either way, a radiator is a radiator.

Will def help. When it was 115 a few weeks ago at idle with ac on For an hour bearly hit 200. Cpe intercooler and dizzy stage 2 Tune.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rooSTer Off Topic Discussions 9