Cool story of my deal

Member ID
So this is kind of cool...I bought my car at a local Fayetteville Ford Dealer (Lafayette Ford). I bought it Wednesday, signed all the paperwork and beat what I thought was a great deal out of them...Thursday I get the call to come back in and resign paperwork. At first I didn't know what was up, but Ford released the $750 military rebate to retirees for memorial day. My salesman thought to give me a ring to come in and get another $750 cash back! I went back in and resigned all the paperwork and had $750 more in my pocket. Thanks David!

They didn't even have any Fiesta's since they were flying off the truck and we ended up doing a dealer trade. They said it was no big deal, but it these cars were in such demand here, they would be elsewhere. As a result, I didn't think I would be able to get as good a deal on the car since it wasn't theirs to really sell. I did. Car is awesome.

I signed up for my first autoX in 8 years already...Car doesn't even have 100 miles on it yet!

Harvick

1000 Post Club
Member ID
Thank you for your service, glad to see there's still honest salesmen out there.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Member ID
Yes thank you for your service, dealers like that earn loyal and repeat customers.

OP
Nosjunke
Member ID
Thread Starter #4
Yeah, we have two Ford dealers here. One is owned by a corporation (Asbury). They sell more cars, but it's like going to Walmart...The place I bought mine is a local VV Veteran owned business and closer to my house.

CanadianST

Member ID
Yeah, we have two Ford dealers here. One is owned by a corporation (Asbury). They sell more cars, but it's like going to Walmart...The place I bought mine is a local VV Veteran owned business and closer to my house.
We have a similar family owned one near my place and they also went out of their way to give me a very substantial military discount. Was chatting with my salesman after we had already agreed on a price and the sales manager was finishing up my papers, when he found out I was in the forces he did some searching in the system for what discounts he could give me and ended up taking another $1700 off our agreed final cost. Even showed up at my house a few weeks after the car got delivered to see how I was liking it and to drop off cupcakes haha. The quality of family run vs corporation is really amazing.

Member ID
The quality of family run vs corporation is really amazing.
That's the truth, even if you didn't know in advance, the difference is obvious with a few minutes talking to their sales staff.

Nosjunke, that you for your service and congrats on picking the right dealer to work with. I had a similar experience with my purchase, including them delivering the car 230 miles to my house. I wanted to work with this dealer since we're moving to that town in the next few weeks. I didn't regret that decision.