Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Corrosion disposal

What is an appropriate way to dispose of the runoff from cleaning corrosion?
Cleaned my battery good, but didn't think about what to do with the waste ahead of time. Got a pan full of this tainted, murky water and not entirely sure what to do with it now.

California likely has long and detailed regulations detailing the process to dispose of dirty water. Expect heavy fees and permits to allow the disposing of the environmental hazard. Once the inspector signs off, you can proceed to dump the water. Note, your water is "known to the the state of California to cause reproductive harm and other birth defects".

That's enough of me being a smart butt... If it's just dirty water from the outside it's about like driving your car in the rain or power washing under the hood. You didn't dump the battery acid out did you? I guess you could let the water evaporate and dispose of the solids somewhere...

SteveS

1000 Post Club
Dilute it with lots of water as you pour it out. Of course, in California that may get you a fine for wasting water. Unless your area is flooding right now from the storms.

OP
B
Thread Starter #4
No acid, just the washed off corrosion. I like the evaporation idea, might be a while though. Feel like if I diluted it plenty it would be fine in some dirt somewhere?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I Vote on being organic and finding someone to buy it and consume it....one of the Many Transients might be able to be found and find a use for it....like cooking methamphetamine Possibly*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk