Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

cp-e rear motor mount BLOW OUT SALE!!! now through CYBER Monday

Trader history for ron@whoosh (1)

Mine isn't bad idling at 750, but right off idle ~1000 it does rumble pretty good. I've heard they do get a little better with time but I saw someone give up after 15k because it was more than they cared for.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #22
Ron;

A question about these RMMs;

Is the final torquing supposed to be done with the wheels loaded/on the ground (like on a 'drive-on' type lift), or does this not matter at all?

I ask because mine is making a really LOUD buzzing type, passenger side dash rattling noise at idle, and it is installed just like the pic above, and was final torqued in sequence, to 52 lb. ft.

Do these 'wear in' and get any quieter over some miles??
I installed mine 2 weeks ago
did not use a torque wrench
I did however use synthetic grease on all metal to metal touch points on the mount and spacers.
cp-e does not have this in the instructions and does not suggest this as being needed but it's something I do with motor mounts

There is no buzzing of any kind for me, there is some NVH off idle until you pull out but it's not severe and what I expect with an upgraded rear motor mount
the improvement when pulling out and the elimination of the engine bobble between shifts makes this mount worth its weight in gold

How did you install the mount?
Mine was done on common ramps so the car was weighted on the wheels.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I had to use the two jack stand method, with the wheels/axles hanging by their own weight.

I was thinking about putting some anti-sieze/Amsoil grease on the bolt shanks, and on the metal sleeve bushings/etc., but since it was not in the directions, I thought there might be a good reason for cp-e NOT telling us to do that. ;)

OP
ron@whoosh

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thread Starter #24
I had to use the two jack stand method, with the wheels/axles hanging by their own weight.

I was thinking about putting some anti-sieze/Amsoil grease on the bolt shanks, and on the metal sleeve bushings/etc., but since it was not in the directions, I thought there might be a good reason for cp-e NOT telling us to do that. ;)
I wiped away everything I could for the pic
if you look closely at the spacer against the trans on the small end of the mount you can see red grease I missed [hatchet]