Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Custom boost gauge installs?

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
I have a Turbosmart boost gauge that i have been meaning to install for like 2 years. I purchased a Whoosh AC vent pod adapter for it, but would rather do a single pod more in my line-of-sight.

Pillar mount? Old school dash mount? Knee-knocker style?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I have a Turbosmart boost gauge that i have been meaning to install for like 2 years. I purchased a Whoosh AC vent pod adapter for it, but would rather do a single pod more in my line-of-sight.

I refuse to go pillar or hang it from the dash. Mine has been sitting for over a year... I've looked around the dash to find a spot, any spot where I could create a hole, but the whole thing is curved here or there, reinforced here or there... let me know when you know....lol

Fiestig

OBDII adapter with TORQUE PRO app for 2nd old phone as the bluetoothed display. It is safe to say that I will never install a boost gauge again.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account

Do you have an AP3?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
OBDII adapter with TORQUE PRO app for 2nd old phone as the bluetoothed display. It is safe to say that I will never install a boost gauge again.
Just what I want, a phone to have to
put out of site/away at night. Good idea for some, but no bueno for me. Besides, my old phone is for mowing the lawn and bt deck music.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Fiestig

Just what I want, a phone to have to
put out of site/away at night. Good idea for some, but no bueno for me. Besides, my old phone is for mowing the lawn and bt deck music.
I use an old s6 active as my display and magnet mounts on proclips so I just drop it in the door when not in use. Pretty simple. Most people just use their regular phone, but I have enough kids that have left old phones behind.(y) Only problem with magnet mounts is that you end up seeing how far you can throw your phone and get it to stick when you get in the car.

When will somebody hack the odbII-snyc 3 to show gauges on screen?
Now that would be nice.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
When will somebody hack the odbII-snyc 3 to show gauges on screen?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
That's on my list to do this coming winter, but have a lot of projects to do ahead of that.

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Do you have an AP3?

I do have AP3, but i prefer not to mount it due to the cable/ i might leave it out and have it stolen.

OP
RubenZZZ

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Google is my friend and found some installs. Pretty much the set up i want. Not super clean, but it will do.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I do have AP3, but i prefer not to mount it due to the cable/ i might leave it out and have it stolen.

At least you can remove it* I've always left mine in the car* Try not to park in sketchy areas without an lights. If I have to....I take it out and put it into my pocket. I have way too many gauges and stuff in my Typhoon to monitor so I know one less gauge is best. The best thing with a Ap3 is that you can have multiple gauges in one device* food for thought!

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I do keep my cable connected and just lay it over the steering column, right under the dash overhang. It is very hard to see from any angle because the plug stays behind the fascia to the right of the steering column.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I do keep my cable connected and just lay it over the steering column, right under the dash overhang. It is very hard to see from any angle because the plug stays behind the fascia to the right of the steering column.
I run mine right up through the bottom side of the steering wheel. It is seldom seen unless it's plugged into my ....... "Fiesta ST A-Pillar Mount for Cobb AccessPort | Razzter" https://razzter.com/product/a-pillar-mount-for-accessport-and-devices

Google is my friend and found some installs. Pretty much the set up i want. Not super clean, but it will do.

would mounting that right behind the steering wheel dead center be possible? looks small enough that it doesnt completely obstruct your view of the speedometer. I mean screw the gas gauge amirite? :p

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
would mounting that right behind the steering wheel dead center be possible? looks small enough that it doesnt completely obstruct your view of the speedometer. I mean screw the gas gauge amirite? :p
I thought about doing that, but I'd run out of gas even with an alert. Heck, I can't see my turn signals given the seat and wheel height I use. I'll be driving down the road a ways and eventually see it's still on...ugh.

I have a glow shift gauge with the remote sensor connected with a 3 or 4 wire harness. Put it here and ran it right up between the dash panels.