Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Custom Dual Feed Intake

This project was inspired by the AET Track Fiesta:

1616422217622.png

Their intake funnels are feeding an ITG intake. As I already had a Cobb intake (that I like and suites me well), I wanted to find a way to incorporate the colder air temps seen from a ITG intake and from feeds under the driver's side headlight. I already have the Velossa Tech Big Mouth installed, and didn't want to lose that functionality and look.

3in hole with inlet adapter on factory airbox. Rerouting electrical and harness that comes over the washer reservoir, to under the reservoir.

thumbnail_IMG_5586.jpg

Using Howe RE206 brake cooling duct and tubing to route the cold air to the intake box. Brake duct was cut and trimmed to fit, epoxied on, used Black Tape to help secure during curing and helps to seal any gaps from a shoddy trim job.
thumbnail_IMG_5651.jpg

Final view: I cut 2.5in wholes in the bumper, fit some very snug rubber grommets (https://www.rubberfeetwarehouse.com...-fits-2-1-2-holes?_pos=1&_sid=fd96f8dfe&_ss=r)
thumbnail_IMG_5627.jpg

Very Satisfied with the fit and finish, rigidity of the epoxy, and brake duct routing. I have no measurable performance increase except for the butt dyno. Slight increase in throttle response. Intake is fed through this custom routing and my existing Big Mouth in the front grill.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Pretty cool setup. Very clean. I thought about something similar but couldn't figure out where to feed my intake. I like the spot you chose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I hope you keep your car and never let it leave!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
LastMK7
Thread Starter #5
I hope you keep your car and never let it leave!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Yea my plan is to keep this thing for the long haul. I’ll eventually get another sports car after the kids are older (Porsche, etc) but I’ll keep this thing for mountain thrashing and track fun. Such a great history and pedigree with these things, they are future classics.

That's really cool! I thought about putting the intake near the windshield but I don't think I could deal with all the added noise. The placing seems really good, have you thought about adding a dust/debris filter?

Last edited:
OP
LastMK7
Thread Starter #9
That's really cool! I thought about putting the intake near the windshield but I don't think I could deal with all the added noise. The placing seems really good, have you thought about adding a dust/debris filter?
There is a filter on your intake already. Adding a second could theoretically cut the airflow down, negating the effects of the entire system.